+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for help to get my spouse to Canada

Apoc

Aug 30, 2010
Good Morning
My question is . I have married a women from Peru.We are both in our 40's
Almost married 1 year now and we have been in a long distance relationship for the past 3 years.I have been there 4 times to visit and live with And was wondering 2 things, as we have planned that she would come to Canada to live with me.I am a Canadian resident born here in Toronto and now living in Mississauga. I work as a dispatcher for a transport company last 5 years now and lived in mississauga last 15 years.

1st) Should I send he a invitation to visit me, and start the process up here for her to stay or start the process and then invite her.We were planing on her coming up for Feb 2011.
I am not sure if inviting her effects an invitation to visit or not.
She does have a good job there as a chemical engineer and been working for 4+ years there. She does not own a home there.
She has visited the united states and has a visa for the united states.And has traveled to mexico and brazil and Cuba she was turned down to go to Germany for work related functions because her work would not give her a letter or time off as she needed to apply prior to the convention date, and was informed after the application she could not get the time off work to go.

2nd is there a certain amount of money I am required to have in the bank, if I invite her to prove i will take care of her when she is up here from Peru.
I cannot find anywhere a dollar figure on the amount of money I am expected to have.And roughly how long does it take to invite there spouse up here for a visit and how long can she stay without breaking any rules.We have completed the permanant residence app but I have not sent int in yet as I am concerned this may effect her visiting in feb 2011

thank you for you time

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Apoc said:
Good Morning
My question is . I have married a women from Peru.We are both in our 40's
Almost married 1 year now and we have been in a long distance relationship for the past 3 years.I have been there 4 times to visit and live with And was wondering 2 things, as we have planned that she would come to Canada to live with me.I am a Canadian resident born here in Toronto and now living in Mississauga. I work as a dispatcher for a transport company last 5 years now and lived in mississauga last 15 years.

1st) Should I send he a invitation to visit me, and start the process up here for her to stay or start the process and then invite her.We were planing on her coming up for Feb 2011.Outland tends to be shorter than Inland, But you need to check her region to see what are the normal processing times. She can come up however on a visitor visa and then you can apply for extension once you start the paperwork. Its your choice
She does have a good job there as a chemical engineer and been working for 4+ years there. She does not own a home there.
She has visited the united states and has a visa for the united states.And has traveled to mexico and brazil and Cuba she was turned down to go to Germany for work related functions because her work would not give her a letter or time off as she needed to apply prior to the convention date, and was informed after the application she could not get the time off work to go.SHe has a good chance of getting the VISA as she has travelled, never overstayed and has a good occuption. I applied for my VISA to visit my hubby (then boyfriend) and I got the visa, primarily I Belive due to my education and work experience and the money in my bank account. However, that being said I dont know if you gt an off moon visa officer who on a whim might decide to deny her.

2nd is there a certain amount of money I am required to have in the bank, if I invite her to prove i will take care of her when she is up here from Peru.
I cannot find anywhere a dollar figure on the amount of money I am expected to have.And roughly how long does it take to invite there spouse up here for a visit and how long can she stay without breaking any rules.We have completed the permanant residence app but I have not sent int in yet as I am concerned this may effect her visiting in feb 2011 THere is no amount of money required. HOwever you cannot be on welfare. You have a job and I think that is sufficient enough.

thank you for you time

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
I want to point out though that with Inland she is not able to work not at least the first year and if she is a skilled worker, she might just get bored staying at home! Plus she will get no health care and that is an important consideration given that she is in her 40s. Health care privately is very expensive. SHe will also need to go back to get recertified etc in her field.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Apoc said:
1st) Should I send he a invitation to visit me, and start the process up here for her to stay or start the process and then invite her.We were planing on her coming up for Feb 2011.
If you just want her to visit, she needs a TRV. To get this she has to prove that she will leave Canada before the visa expires. She should submit things like a letter from her employer stating she has been given 2 weeks holiday and is expected back, with pay stubs or a letter proving she works there and for how long; money in the bank; a house or apartment lease, mortgage, or title; a child left behind; receipts for classes that will start after she gets back; etc.
There is no set amount you need to show to invite someone who is trying to get a TRV. Just get a letter, pay stubs, or last year's tax assessment to show that you are employed and how much you make, and a copy of your bank account if you have a lot of savings. A copy of your mortgage or lease as well, if she will be staying at your place. Basically, if you state you are inviting her to visit you for a month, you should show enough money to easily support her for that length of time.
And roughly how long does it take to invite there spouse up here for a visit and how long can she stay without breaking any rules.
TRVs can be for up to six months. She can app;y to extend it before it expires. On the application, though, whe should not say she is planning to stay. It is a temporary visit visa, so she should make her application look like she is coming up to Canada to visit and will be going back to Peru.
We have completed the permanent residence app but I have not sent int in yet as I am concerned this may effect her visiting in feb 2011
It is very difficult to get a TRV, especially when the applicant is married to a Canadian. You can try - she has a better chance than most because she has a good job. Since she is applying for a TRV after she got married, it shouldn't hurt her PR chances. Applying for several TRVs, being denied, and then getting married and applying for a PR visa does look bad and is a red flag for the visa officers.

Because of the difficulty in getting a TRV, if I were you I'd send in the PR application right away, and while waiting go visit her.

jstmarried

Aug 17, 2009
She may have a chance to get trv if she has the TRV for Us. YOu must send a letter of invitation with a letter of employment. She must have sufficient funds in the bank account to show she is able to travel. She must have as many ties to peru as possible and maybe a letter from work authorizing her visit. Again everything is not 100% . FYI it took my husband 4 moths from date we sent to mississauga to get his PR.
We applied for trv in the 3rd month and got PRV instead. She could come here and apply outland which is quicker

jstmarried

Aug 17, 2009
I just noticed you are married, Why not apply for PR Now and very likely she could be here before then.

I

iarblue

It does not matter how much money you have in the bank.She needs to show she has enough to support herself while she is here.Dump money into her account if she has none.She needs to prove she is self efficent when coming to visit.(reason this is the case is because,if you got in a fight and kicked her out while she was here then what is she to do if she has no money,thats the way they think,even though you may never do this they dont know that).
She needs to show ties to Peru,a lease,a job to go back to,family left behind(a child)not parents.And if you apply for PR they will likely refuse the TRV.