+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for help to apply for PR

jojochu

Apr 18, 2020
Hi all

Looking for someone to help me to apply for PR. I live in Australia, have a Master degree and 8 years of experience.

Happy to discuss this further with someone who has more experience.

Thank you

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi all

Looking for someone to help me to apply for PR. I live in Australia, have a Master degree and 8 years of experience.

Happy to discuss this further with someone who has more experience.

Thank you
First thing on the to do list is to renounce your old one .
Can’t proceed with applying until you deal with that

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I don't think OP mentioned he/she had a previous PR.

See if you qualify under federal skilled workers criteria, you need 67 out of 100 points, and then calculate your CRS. If you haven't done a language test, approximate a result for what you think is realistic for you to get.

That will give you a good idea of where you stand.

jojochu

Apr 18, 2020
I get about 68points due to my age and around 460 on CRS. Is that a good thing or not worth applying?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Well, it's not bad at all.

However, nowadays cut-off scores are in the 470s, and most projections have the score increasing in the next round.

You can either do certain things to try to improve your score a bit, and/or enter the pool and take your chances, and see if the cut-off score dips.

In fact, due to the pandemic, it's a good time strategically to enter the pool as there will be less entrants because of the lock downs.

I would enter the pool in your case and see what happens. You also have a chance of being nominated by a province while you're in the pool and gaining 600 additional points, which practically guarantees you qualifying in the next round of invitation.

And you can also work on trying to improve your score in an achieveable way.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I don't think OP mentioned he/she had a previous PR.

See if you qualify under federal skilled workers criteria, you need 67 out of 100 points, and then calculate your CRS. If you haven't done a language test, approximate a result for what you think is realistic for you to get.

That will give you a good idea of where you stand.
It is mentioned in OP's other posts.

Reactions: Islander216