+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for furnished 1 bedroom apartment/cond - 1 800 $ Downtown Toronto

vapor10

Jun 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone, we are a couple moving to Toronto on February 26th and we are looking for a 1 bedroom furnished condo/ apartment located in downtown Toronto. Our budget is 1800 $/month and we would like a rental of 4-5 months starting end of February first week of March. If you have something to offer and if you need more information you can send me a private message or send me an email to lambertandchaima@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers !

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think the budget is realistic for a furnished condo in downtown Toronto.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
Apartments aren't normally rented furnished in Toronto. They are very rare and if you do get one you're likely getting ripped off. It's always cheaper to rent unfurnished and buy new furniture from Ikea.

You may find an unfurnished condo for $1800 but most landlords look to rent for 12 months. 4-5 months will be a huge challenge.

vapor10

Jun 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks a lot for your advices ! I'll take them into consideration and see what's the best choice for us :) !

vapor10

Jun 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi there!
Is that common in Canada to break the lease before the end of the period?
For example, you find an agreement with the landlord or you manage to assign or sublease to a trustworthy person.

Another question, I have in my head the following websites to find a furnished apartment: kijiji, viewit and craiglist. Do you have other useful sources?

Thanks in advance for your help!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there!
Is that common in Canada to break the lease before the end of the period?
For example, you find an agreement with the landlord or you manage to assign or sublease to a trustworthy person.

Another question, I have in my head the following websites to find a furnished apartment: kijiji, viewit and craiglist. Do you have other useful sources?

Thanks in advance for your help!
1) very common to break lease
2) padmapper.com

Reactions: vapor10

vapor10

Jun 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
To break the lease there are 2 possibilities if I well understood:
  • Sublease: in that case you are still responsible if there is a payment default correct?
  • Assignement: the lease is assigned to another person. You are not responsible in case of a payment default correct?
Which solutions is the most accepted? What's important to know to sublease or assign (costs, regarding the law ...)?

Thanks in advance.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
To break the lease there are 2 possibilities if I well understood:
  • Sublease: in that case you are still responsible if there is a payment default correct?
  • Assignement: the lease is assigned to another person. You are not responsible in case of a payment default correct?
Which solutions is the most accepted? What's important to know to sublease or assign (costs, regarding the law ...)?

Thanks in advance.
Option 3: Pay X months rent or rent for remaining term. Few rental communities in USA allow rental lease break if a person loses his job or moving out from City. Not sure if Canadian ones allow this or not but worth checking in lease contract.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As a landlord I know that I have various clauses in the lease about subletting. I have to vet the potential temant for example and can refuse if I have any concerns. You will have to check your lease carefully. You can end up financially responsible for a stranger paying the lease.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY