+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for advice:sponsoring spouse

T Gamage

Sep 4, 2018
Calgary
Dear Sir/Madame
This is the first time I'm posting on this forum.

I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 5 years but during the 3rd year I had to move to Canada with my family.despite that we still continued our affair as a long distance relationship and we are planning to get married this year.

I'm student , holds canadian pr card,and I'm still depending on my parents.currently I have no income.my parents are okay with helping metill I graduate from the university (and my bf till he find a job when he comes here).
Here are my questions
1- Does my income will be a problem when I apply for PR for my spouse?
2-we are planning on getting married this December , Can I apply for the PR right after the marriage or do I have to wait for a certain period?
3- As the checklist they've provide, I am unable to prove that we have lived together cz it isn't acceptable in my country. I can only provide photos we took over the years while i was there and photos of the wedding , chats and call logs and letters from our friends.

Will they be enough to sponsor him ??

It's a big help if someone can give me clear guidance.
Thank you

MiaNair

Sep 4, 2018
Hey!

I believe you are technically eligible to sponsor your boyfriend since you have been together for 5 years and you are a Canadian PR. My advice for you is to include a letter from your dad stating that he will support both of you financially until you get a job.

I was somewhat in a similar situation. I’m a citizen and a student living with my family. I worked part time but my lawyer advised me to have my dad write a letter when I sponsored my husband. The letter stated how much he made annually and a declaration that my husband would not have to rely on government programs.

As for the proof of relationship, I believe you can send in a maximum of 20 pics taken in different situations. We had a long distance relationship so we sent phone conversations, vacation airline tickets, Skype convos etc.

Hope this helped!

MiaNair

Sep 4, 2018
And you can apply right away after marriage since you’ve been together for 5 years! You should have more than enough proof that your relationship is legit! Also make sure your boyfriend sends in academic certificates and previous employment letters. This just shows that he has had previous job experience and he will actively look for a job when he is in Canada.

T Gamage

Sep 4, 2018
Calgary
Hey!

I believe you are technically eligible to sponsor your boyfriend since you have been together for 5 years and you are a Canadian PR. My advice for you is to include a letter from your dad stating that he will support both of you financially until you get a job.

I was somewhat in a similar situation. I’m a citizen and a student living with my family. I worked part time but my lawyer advised me to have my dad write a letter when I sponsored my husband. The letter stated how much he made annually and a declaration that my husband would not have to rely on government programs.

As for the proof of relationship, I believe you can send in a maximum of 20 pics taken in different situations. We had a long distance relationship so we sent phone conversations, vacation airline tickets, Skype convos etc.

Hope this helped!
Thank you so much. I was so worried.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear Sir/Madame
This is the first time I'm posting on this forum.

I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 5 years but during the 3rd year I had to move to Canada with my family.despite that we still continued our affair as a long distance relationship and we are planning to get married this year.

I'm student , holds canadian pr card,and I'm still depending on my parents.currently I have no income.my parents are okay with helping metill I graduate from the university (and my bf till he find a job when he comes here).
Here are my questions
1- Does my income will be a problem when I apply for PR for my spouse?
2-we are planning on getting married this December , Can I apply for the PR right after the marriage or do I have to wait for a certain period?
3- As the checklist they've provide, I am unable to prove that we have lived together cz it isn't acceptable in my country. I can only provide photos we took over the years while i was there and photos of the wedding , chats and call logs and letters from our friends.

Will they be enough to sponsor him ??

It's a big help if someone can give me clear guidance.
Thank you
1. You need to show IRCC that you can support yourselves in Canada without welfare. If your family is supporting you, get a letter and bank statement from them.

2. You need to wait for the marriage certificate.

3. You don't have to prove that you lived together. There are other proofs you can submit instead.