+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for advice on BOWP and SOWP after IECs (applied for PR as couple)

Kk kabobo

Star Member
May 27, 2019
When you started up the application, you must select 'Yes' to the question that asks whether your spouse is accompanying you to Canada. This will create a section for your spouse when completing the application. The additional information that isn't listed (such as proof of employment of PA) should be attached to the additional documents section.
Thanks so much for your help

Reactions: nll

prigupta

May 20, 2020
hello guys, I have applied for PR in CEC (with spouse) he is working in the USA.
AOR : Aug 8th 2020
can we apply for his SOWP while our PR is in process? my work permit is valid till May 2022.
His company is also ready to transfer him to Canada
or will it affect our PR application?
Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Tophele

Tophele

Nov 17, 2023
hello guys, I have applied for PR in CEC (with spouse) he is working in the USA.
AOR : Aug 8th 2020
can we apply for his SOWP while our PR is in process? my work permit is valid till May 2022.
His company is also ready to transfer him to Canada
or will it affect our PR application?
Any help would be appreciated.
Just read all the comments

Tophele

Nov 17, 2023
Hi,
I actually wrote a blog post about the entire process with screenshots. You can translate it with Google Translate.

https://www.whileimgone.fr/prepare-ton-expatriation/bridge-visa-permis-travail-ouvert-transitoire-conjoint-fait-pvt-hors-quebec-guide-complet/

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you so much for this I am in the same situation.
I am in Canada and my Common law is back home and we applied for his SOWP on 14 Oct 2023 since I am on a closed work permit (expiring on 27 July 2024) on Job NOC B.And his application is still processing.

I applied for PR(CEC) today Jan 22, 2024 with my son and common law as dependents.

Now my question is to know should I wait until the decision is made on his SOWP application before applying for BOWP or can I apply now?
And what if he got a refusal on his SOWP applications can I still include him while applying for BOWP?