+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for a small apartment in Regina, SK

dreammapletree

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hi,

How can I find an apartment for a small family in Regina, SK in a decent area? Which is good place to stay for new immigrants in Regina? How much will be the rent for a 1.5 BHK apartment?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

How can I find an apartment for a small family in Regina, SK in a decent area? Which is good place to stay for new immigrants in Regina? How much will be the rent for a 1.5 BHK apartment?
How many people in the family and what are the age of the children.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Canada Hines are listed by number of bedrooms. With a 15 yr old most
landlords will expect you to rent a 2 bedroom.
What hines? In Canada, homes are listed by number of bedroom and bath.

A den can be use as another bedroom too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What hines? In Canada, homes are listed by number of bedroom and bath.

A den can be use as another bedroom too.
Unless you have a large home a den is something that the condo industry now describes anything from a nook to a solarium. Most are not suitable for a 15 yr old’s bedroom and not something you’ll likely find in Regina rental market which has minimal condos. While many countries operate on BHK system most in Canada, especially in the prairies, will have no idea what you’re talking about when referring BHK. In Canada it is also fairly unusual for families to live in smaller apartments with bigger families. Most landlords will expect a child to have their own bedroom partially to minimize noise.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you have a large home a den is something that the condo industry now describes anything from a nook to a solarium. Most are not suitable for a 15 yr old’s bedroom and not something you’ll likely find in Regina rental market which has minimal condos. While many countries operate on BHK system most in Canada, especially in the prairies, will have no idea what you’re talking about when referring BHK. In Canada it is also fairly unusual for families to live in smaller apartments with bigger families. Most landlords will expect a child to have their own bedroom partially to minimize noise.
No, a nook to a solarium is like a separate living room. A small condo can also have a den. Have you actually been to Regina? Surely the OP has no idea about Regina rental market, so the question. That's why I gave the link.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No, a nook to a solarium is like a separate living room. A small condo can also have a den. Have you actually been to Regina? Surely the OP has no idea about Regina rental market, so the question. That's why I gave the link.
What is primarily available on the rental market in Regina are apartments, homes (from townhouses to detached) and homes that have been subdivided into apartments. A den is not a typical component of older apartments or new constructions homes and townhomes. A family with a 15 yr old will likely need a 2 bedroom one bathroom at a minimum.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is primarily available on the rental market in Regina are apartments, homes (from townhouses to detached) and homes that have been subdivided into apartments. A den is not a typical component of older apartments or new constructions homes and townhomes. A family with a 15 yr old will likely need a 2 bedroom one bathroom at a minimum.
They will need a 1 bedroom (and den) and one bedroom at a minimum. A den is typical of older condo and new constructed homes and townhomes. You can arrange that with a realtor or watch vids in YouTube too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They will need a 1 bedroom (and den) and one bedroom at a minimum. A den is typical of older condo and new constructed homes and townhomes. You can arrange that with a realtor or watch vids in YouTube too.
SK does not have old condos. Dens are also common in new condos although they are now often weird flex spaces that usually aren’t fully enclosed. A townhouse or home will only have a den of it already has multiple bedrooms. You have to know the market. In SK a family with a teenager will likely have to rent a 2 bedroom.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SK does not have old condos. Dens are also common in new condos although they are now often weird flex spaces that usually aren’t fully enclosed. A townhouse or home will only have a den of it already has multiple bedrooms. You have to know the market. In SK a family with a teenager will likely have to rent a 2 bedroom.
You have mistaken. SK does have old condos. You have to know the market. In SK, a family with teenager will have to rent at least a 1 +1 den bedroom.

Didn't bother to google the internet for old condos in SK? Here's one I found:

https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Condo-For-Sale/SK/Saskatoon/Exhibition/2112-Ste-Cecilia-AVENUE/107972326.html

Btw, I've been to both Regina & Saskatoon. Have you?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have mistaken. SK does have old condos. You have to know the market. In SK, a family with teenager will have to rent at least a 1 +1 den bedroom.

Didn't bother to google the internet for old condos in SK? Here's one I found:

https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Condo-For-Sale/SK/Saskatoon/Exhibition/2112-Ste-Cecilia-AVENUE/107972326.html

Btw, I've been to both Regina & Saskatoon. Have you?
This was an apartment conversion. Yes I’ve been to both cities. There is very minimal condo stock compared to different forms of houses and apartments.