+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

looking for a safer place and peace of mind

abdel65

Feb 14, 2017
Hello,

I m sorry if this is not the right place to post my question.
Anyway, here is my story:

I am from Morocco, married and have 2 daughters
All of us are USA Lawful Permanent Residents since November 2013.

On October 2014, we went to the USA with the intention to stay forever, because we believe in the American Dream.
I got a job. It was only Part-Time one, while my wife stayed unemployed.

6 months later, I was broke; it was hard for a 4-members family to survive with only ONE part-time income.

On April 2015, I bought return-flight tickets for all of us and we left USA for a temporary period, just the time to sell our property in Morocco and transfer some money to my bank account in USA.

Indeed, I have sold the property. It was few days before USA election results were announced.
I did not expect that Trump will win.
I became then a little bit confused, specially after immigration's related Executive Orders have been signed by Trump and now I m not sure if we will go back to USA.

When I choose America, I did because I had a dream and was looking for peace of mind for me and my kids.
Now I think that USA is no more safe for my kids. The "American Dream" unfortunately can become a nightmare for us at any moment there.

Maybe now I have to reconsider my choice and search for an alternative to USA.
This is why I m posting here searching for support and asking if there is a chance to immigrate to CANADA as USA Green Card holders??

Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
abdel65 said:
Hello,

I m sorry if this is not the right place to post my question.
Anyway, here is my story:

I am from Morocco, married and have 2 daughters
All of us are USA Lawful Permanent Residents since November 2013.

On October 2014, we went to the USA with the intention to stay forever, because we believe in the American Dream.
I got a job. It was only Part-Time one, while my wife stayed unemployed.

6 months later, I was broke; it was hard for a 4-members family to survive with only ONE part-time income.

On April 2015, I bought return-flight tickets for all of us and we left USA for a temporary period, just the time to sell our property in Morocco and transfer some money to my bank account in USA.

Indeed, I have sold the property. It was few days before USA election results were announced.
I did not expect that Trump will win.
I became then a little bit confused, specially after immigration's related Executive Orders have been signed by Trump and now I m not sure if we will go back to USA.

When I choose America, I did because I had a dream and was looking for peace of mind for me and my kids.
Now I think that USA is no more safe for my kids. The "American Dream" unfortunately can become a nightmare for us at any moment there.

Maybe now I have to reconsider my choice and search for an alternative to USA.
This is why I m posting here searching for support and asking if there is a chance to immigrate to CANADA as USA Green Card holders??

Thanks.
Contrary to popular belief, the fact that you hold a US green card gives you no advantage in migration to Canada. Start here -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
abdel65 said:
Based on what you've posted here, unfortunately I doubt you and your family would have any realistic chance to qualify for immigration to Canada.

In general you need to have specific education/skilled work that Canada is looking for, in order to qualify for immigration.

Your best bet would be to research what education/skills provide a possible path to immigration, go to school in that field (either in USA or home country, or in Canada if you could secure a study visa here), then get work experience in that field... and try later. Of course this is not a quick solution and will take many years time and effort.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Whilst we all maybe can sympathise with the OP that moving to any country and starting afresh can be a challenge having actually achieved Green Card status seems a shame to give it up.

Personally although the Trump Exec orders seem to be flowing freely out of the White House seems to me the press are tending to sensationalise things as they are prone to do. Remember more than 50 percent of the votes did not go Trumps way so there are still major pockets of the country that are not Trump supporters as shown by the various anti Trump demos on a scale not seen maybe since the Vietnam days. Granted some people demonstrate for the sake of, just saying.

Easy to say but if was the OP I would give myself one more go at the US, maybe travel back alone if practical for 6 months, do some research on location/job availability beforehand although OP hasn't shared what skills has.

As for Canada immigration difficult to make any comment without knowing education or skills background. As already said on here having a Green card is no fast path process to immigration.