+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for a job in Canada after submission of documents to IRCC

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Hello,

I received my ITA in August and submitted all the documents to IRCC in October. The processing time is 6 months.

In this period, what are the best ways to look for a job in Canada, so that I could potentially have a job in hand by the time my application is processed?

Is it more about building contacts in Canadian companies or applying to jobs on Corporate Career websites of different companies, LinkedIn, etc?

Thanks in advance for your advice and responses.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Most people here will tell you that it is virtually impossible to secure a job from outside of Canada unless you have unique skills not readilly available in the country. Employers are just not keen to start discussions with anyone not in the country given as you can imagine so many people imply they are coming but then never do and in mean time the employer could have employed someone already resident. No harm in trying to look through linkedin and sites such as Indeed although of course the pandemic has as with any country impacted teh job market.

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Most people here will tell you that it is virtually impossible to secure a job from outside of Canada unless you have unique skills not readilly available in the country. Employers are just not keen to start discussions with anyone not in the country given as you can imagine so many people imply they are coming but then never do and in mean time the employer could have employed someone already resident. No harm in trying to look through linkedin and sites such as Indeed although of course the pandemic has as with any country impacted teh job market.
Thanks for your response. Yeah I understand where they are coming from, given that people like me would be contacting them often.

That being said, I'm a Researcher in a niche field with unique skill sets which can only be leveraged in markets like Canada, US, UK, etc because of higher technological advancements there. I have experiences at leading research organizations.

I shall try to strike up a conversation with employees/managers at similar companies/universities.