+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long wait to get oath.

desi1

Dec 2, 2022
Hello,
I passed citizenship exam in March last year and am still waiting for oath. Its has been more than 10 months now. Is this normal for Ottawa area?

By October all steps in tracker for me an my wife were done except oath, and no steps were done for children.

Then the tracker showed that me an my wife's status changed to Oath ceremony started and no steps for children were started.

Then it changed again to say that oath for me and wife as not started, and started the steps for my children.

So did they forget to start the process for my children? Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello,
I passed citizenship exam in March last year and am still waiting for oath. Its has been more than 10 months now. Is this normal for Ottawa area?

By October all steps in tracker for me an my wife were done except oath, and no steps were done for children.

Then the tracker showed that me an my wife's status changed to Oath ceremony started and no steps for children were started.

Then it changed again to say that oath for me and wife as not started, and started the steps for my children.

So did they forget to start the process for my children? Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks
I had called IRCC before to report no activity on my kids’ application. The agent’s response was that the kids’ applications will be automatically approved once I get approved for citizenship.

ExLeo777

Star Member
Dec 19, 2022
Gatineau
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hello,

Thanks
Me too Ottawa office nothing changed since Mar 2022 test completed
I wrote many many emails the same answer
Just wait to review by official