+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long wait for refusal letter

Roseyyeong66

Apr 5, 2024
Hi Sukie,

Sorry if this is rude but do you have any idea why they may have refused it as a fake marriage? I assume you didn't actually go through with a fake marriage so I just was wondering what kind of things they may have mentioned that flagged it as such? I am getting married next month so I am worried that they may refuse my extension request due to this, even though it is a very real marriage (haha). Please message me if you would not like to say publicly.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Sukie,

Sorry if this is rude but do you have any idea why they may have refused it as a fake marriage? I assume you didn't actually go through with a fake marriage so I just was wondering what kind of things they may have mentioned that flagged it as such? I am getting married next month so I am worried that they may refuse my extension request due to this, even though it is a very real marriage (haha). Please message me if you would not like to say publicly.
Not sure if OP will share any details here. (nothing so far except asking for help with no details)

As an American citizen, it's very very rare that anyone would go through a fake wedding to be sponsored. OP's spouse is in India. Not sure if some tradition of marriage was not followed or maybe OP and spouse spent little time in person.

Don't worry. :)

Roseyyeong66

Apr 5, 2024
Not sure if OP will share any details here. (nothing so far except asking for help with no details)

As an American citizen, it's very very rare that anyone would go through a fake wedding to be sponsored. OP's spouse is in India. Not sure if some tradition of marriage was not followed or maybe OP and spouse spent little time in person.

Don't worry. :)
Oh okay, thank you very much :)

That makes a bit more sense. I was just worried since me and my fiance are getting married pretty close to getting engaged but that's just because we've known each other for so long and already feel ready. But thank you for the context, it helps!

Sukie688

Dec 22, 2023
Hi Sukie,

No no. Its a real marriage
Officer said its a marriage of convinience because
She was a student here
We married a few months before her study permit expired
We only had 2people at wedding