+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long travel outside Canada, closed Working permit (Québec)

Skunq59

Mar 28, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I don't know if someone here has the correct information, I am scared it kinda only depends on the federal agent. But I didnt found a thread with the same situation.

I have a closed working permit in québec, and I am getting my CSQ soon. So I'll be able to have a new working permit in september and apply for my PR in Québec (youhou).

Nevertheless, I had plan to travel 6 months to japan in 2023 with a friend, and I would like to not change this for personnal reasons.

So here are my questions : - If I quitte while I am under A75, go travel 6 month in Japan keeping a residency in Québec and come back. Can I come back to Canada and use my A75 or CSQ with a new employer ? And what happens to my PR application during this time and when I come back ?

- If I can negotiate a 6 month not paid hollydays with my company, could that work to keep the visa and come back with no trouble ?

- And can we go out of the country as long as we want when we are applying for a PR ?

Thank you for everybody reading this, and thoose taking time to answer me back

Have a great night !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I don't know if someone here has the correct information, I am scared it kinda only depends on the federal agent. But I didnt found a thread with the same situation.

I have a closed working permit in québec, and I am getting my CSQ soon. So I'll be able to have a new working permit in september and apply for my PR in Québec (youhou).

Nevertheless, I had plan to travel 6 months to japan in 2023 with a friend, and I would like to not change this for personnal reasons.

So here are my questions : - If I quitte while I am under A75, go travel 6 month in Japan keeping a residency in Québec and come back. Can I come back to Canada and use my A75 or CSQ with a new employer ? And what happens to my PR application during this time and when I come back ?

- If I can negotiate a 6 month not paid hollydays with my company, could that work to keep the visa and come back with no trouble ?

- And can we go out of the country as long as we want when we are applying for a PR ?

Thank you for everybody reading this, and thoose taking time to answer me back

Have a great night !
A75 is Quebec’s version of a bridging work permit that is employer specific. If you leave Quebec for 6 months you aren’t trying to work while waiting to get PR. You should clarify with Quebec immigration. You can’t just say that you will maintain residency in Quebec. There are requirements to qualify as a resident.

Skunq59

Mar 28, 2022
A75 is Quebec’s version of a bridging work permit that is employer specific. If you leave Quebec for 6 months you aren’t trying to work while waiting to get PR. You should clarify with Quebec immigration. You can’t just say that you will maintain residency in Quebec. There are requirements to qualify as a resident.
Tank you for taking time to help me ! I appreciate :)

So in your opinion a 6 month travel will be impossible.. You say to contact Québec immigration, do you know where ? Because I tried with IRCC but you can only contact them about a process you have pending

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Tank you for taking time to help me ! I appreciate :)

So in your opinion a 6 month travel will be impossible.. You say to contact Québec immigration, do you know where ? Because I tried with IRCC but you can only contact them about a process you have pending
You can travel I just think that you’ll like have difficulty coming back to work while you wait for PR. You are leaving Canada for a substantial amount of time not trying to work between WP and PR. Sorry don’t have specific Quebec immigration contact info. You can also contact an immigration lawyer in Quebec for their opinion.

Skunq59

Mar 28, 2022
You can travel I just think that you’ll like have difficulty coming back to work while you wait for PR. You are leaving Canada for a substantial amount of time not trying to work between WP and PR. Sorry don’t have specific Quebec immigration contact info. You can also contact an immigration lawyer in Quebec for their opinion.
Alright, so in your Opinion I could come back, but probably not work untill I have PR ? But you don't think my PR process would be cancel if I am not here ?

Thank you for your help !!