JUNE 26,2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 Feb10,2015 PPR2 Feb 17,2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 21,2015
LANDED..........
30 May 2015
Hi friends,

Does Anybody coming from Pakistan,need one bed furnished apartment on sublease from mid june to September near downtown Toronto.Rent is 1000 dollars per month.All stores,halal food,Mosque and islamic center,Buses stop, all are near.

mfarhan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Doc's Request.
ADDITIONA DOCS REQ RECVD 12-12-2015
Nomination.....
PER 27-1-2015
AOR Received.
SLU 21-08-2015, TLU 15-12-2015
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH CASE
File Transfer...
15-1-2015
Med's Request
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2016 submitted on 14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Rai Mazhar Farid Jami said:
Almost 3 weeks have gone past since I submitted passports for visa stamping through GERRYS to CHC Islamabad, it's quite long time. Have to wait one more week before writing to LVO as instructed in their email.

Friends who are also waiting for visa stamping from CHC Islamabad, please share date of submission.
submitted on 10-03-2016 at VFS isb and still waiting..

Raza Khan

Apr 14, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (Visa Officer=RFI)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
27-01-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015 (SLU)
File Transfer...
27-01-2015
Med's Request
25-04-2016
mfarhan said:
submitted on 10-03-2016 at VFS isb and still waiting..
Congrats Dear,

RFI sent you PPR email or any other; Kindly share.

Raza

HHE

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Do i need a transit visa during lay over of 4 hrs at seattle airport.???
Coz emirates airline has lay over of 4 hrs at Seattle,USA.

camyhome

Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2015
Nomination.....
June 2014
AOR Received.
December 8, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Soon .....
HHE said:
No, because you are holding valid Canadian Visa.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
HHE said:
Transit Visa

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Transit (C) visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the United States enroute to another country, with few exceptions.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/other/transit.html

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
HHE said:
yes you need a transit visa if you must pass through US.

irsh29

Jan 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2016
IELTS Request
submit with application
HHE said:
Yes you need a USA visa does not matter IF YOU HAVE VALID CANADIAN VISA

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
Its been looong time since I was here last time. It was stressful yet fruitful journey which I was going throughout along with great forum mates. most of us are now landed and this forum is becoming just memory and symbol of how human beings achieve better when they support each others.

Please continue to share, care and support and soon all your dreams will come true.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
Soundless said:
Its been looong time since I was here last time. It was stressful yet fruitful journey which I was going throughout along with great forum mates. most of us are now landed and this forum is becoming just memory and symbol of how human beings achieve better when they support each others.

Please continue to share, care and support and soon all your dreams will come true.
Soundless said:

By the way, are you doing well there. And how long you had to struggle to get the right job? Could you please shed some light and share your experiences.

Soundless

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/05/2013
Med's Request
02/04/2014
Med's Done....
12/04/2014
Interview........
27/02/2014
Passport Req..
14/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/09/2014
LANDED..........
31-Mar-2015
managersonline said:
By the way, are you doing well there. And how long you had to struggle to get the right job? Could you please shed some light and share your experiences.
Landed March 2015 and returned back to the UAE, planning to move permanently ISA this year. There is a lot to be proactive about regarding job and preparation. I received some calls and did some interviews, HOWEVER, in 99% (subjective judgement) of the cases no one will hire overseas candidate so prepare for this and adjust for a period of time unemployed over there focusing on adopting, orienting and alignment. in other words, build some Canadian Experience.

zkr0911

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Photoresubmission request 9th feb 2015
Nomination.....
08-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Complete silence ::)

tyshow

Jun 10, 2015
Quick Tip for you folks heading to Canada soon to land your job as I did within 3 months

1) I presume you all have your credentials assessed, you need to include this with every job application you submit. This is how you can make the recruiters job easy that your educational experience is in line with what is attained here.

2) The term CV should be expunged. We use the terminology Resume's here. Format your resume in a chronological style (at least that worked for me). The wordings on your resume should be in 2nd persons' using actionable words like "Facilitated the audit of several accounts" with Facilitated here being the actionable word.

3) Highlight achievements in your previous job description using metrics to proof this e.g could be "Achieved and surpassed marketing targets by overturning a deficit which was in the department for months before I arrived by recording a 30% growth in sales within first month of assignment".

4) keep an excel spreadsheet of all the jobs you have applied for. The last thing you want is for a recruiter to call you on the phone making reference to a job you applied for. To leave a first impression, you've got to be able to recall on the call the job title, date applied for, job duties and why you were so keen to apply for it. If you haven't kept a log, you will fluff your lines and leave a negative impression on the recruiter.

5) Be prepared for a minimum (2) rounds of interview; could be by skpe, go-to meeting or citrix as your first interview over the PC. Yes do not be deterred from applying for jobs outside the province you are settled in. They are quite flexible with this approach as everyone knows Canada is a huge country.

6) Your LinkedIn profile should be formatted in a professional manner.

7) You should possess soft skills and try to soften your accent. They can be prejudicial if your accent is difficult to be understood.

8) A couple of sites to check for job ads which include: eluta.ca, linkedin job search, indeed.ca, Workopolis.ca, monster.ca. Also check the provincial and municipal websites for jobs placement ads.

9) Cover Letters are crucial. Read the job description and highlight in your cover letter previous experience you have that demonstrates you are a candidate for the job.

I came here to Edmonton, Alberta last year in November. I didn't a get until about second week in February though but within this interval from Nov-Feb, had about five interviews. God was faithful that even when I did eventually get a job, I quitted after a week as I got an even rewarding and high profile job within the provincial government. My wife was smarter than me; she landed a job within two weeks!

I intend to write a blog post to elaborate on how to land your first job during the weekend. Please kindly visit my blog at
www[dot]leavingforcanada[dot]com and do not forget to subscribe to be notified by email whenever a new post is published. Feel free to leave me a comment there and I will respond to emails within 24 hrs.

Good luck everyone :)

zaynahdream

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Nomination.....
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
included in application
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
05-04-2016
Interview........
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2017
LANDED..........
InshAllah very soon
tyshow said:
Quick Tip for you folks heading to Canada soon to land your job as I did within 3 months

1) I presume you all have your credentials assessed, you need to include this with every job application you submit. This is how you can make the recruiters job easy that your educational experience is in line with what is attained here.

2) The term CV should be expunged. We use the terminology Resume's here. Format your resume in a chronological style (at least that worked for me). The wordings on your resume should be in 2nd persons' using actionable words like "Facilitated the audit of several accounts" with Facilitated here being the actionable word.

3) Highlight achievements in your previous job description using metrics to proof this e.g could be "Achieved and surpassed marketing targets by overturning a deficit which was in the department for months before I arrived by recording a 30% growth in sales within first month of assignment".

4) keep an excel spreadsheet of all the jobs you have applied for. The last thing you want is for a recruiter to call you on the phone making reference to a job you applied for. To leave a first impression, you've got to be able to recall on the call the job title, date applied for, job duties and why you were so keen to apply for it. If you haven't kept a log, you will fluff your lines and leave a negative impression on the recruiter.

5) Be prepared for a minimum (2) rounds of interview; could be by skpe, go-to meeting or citrix as your first interview over the PC. Yes do not be deterred from applying for jobs outside the province you are settled in. They are quite flexible with this approach as everyone knows Canada is a huge country.

6) Your LinkedIn profile should be formatted in a professional manner.

7) You should possess soft skills and try to soften your accent. They can be prejudicial if your accent is difficult to be understood.

8) A couple of sites to check for job ads which include: eluta.ca, linkedin job search, indeed.ca, Workopolis.ca, monster.ca. Also check the provincial and municipal websites for jobs placement ads.

9) Cover Letters are crucial. Read the job description and highlight in your cover letter previous experience you have that demonstrates you are a candidate for the job.

I came here to Edmonton, Alberta last year in November. I didn't a get until about second week in February though but within this interval from Nov-Feb, had about five interviews. God was faithful that even when I did eventually get a job, I quitted after a week as I got an even rewarding and high profile job within the provincial government. My wife was smarter than me; she landed a job within two weeks!

I intend to write a blog post to elaborate on how to land your first job during the weekend. Please kindly visit my blog at
www[dot]leavingforcanada[dot]com and do not forget to subscribe to be notified by email whenever a new post is published. Feel free to leave me a comment there and I will respond to emails within 24 hrs.

Good luck everyone :)

good share :)

AmynD

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (VCM)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-Sept-2014