+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Visa Office

Victor.85

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I am a Quebec applicant. London is my VO. I already got my CSQ and now am in the federal stage. My ECAS is "In process" with "We started processing your application on October 3, 2014".

Any similar Quebec candidates in LVO who can share their timelines? Or any idea when I might receive the medical request?

Good luck to everyone!

Victor

Petesilvo

Star Member
Dec 1, 2013
wasp2014 said:
Hi

You are not the only one they are holding passports for longer periods. This unusual practise started in August 2014, this could be for a variety of reasons particularly LVO had issued MR and PPR in great numbers and cleared cases in ultra high speed which has resulted in visa-stamping delays. Its been 50 days for me still no sign of passport and if you search the thread you will find people who had to wait for like 85 days. Anyway this is my opinion, there is only 1 strange case in which passport has been submitted and after 60 days while answering to applicant enquiry VO informs that your file is currently awaiting BG checks we will proceed once received. I thought they issue MR only after BG checks are cleared, hence LVO like is said here is unpredictable!!

And yes I have also send 3 enquiries to LVO and they have not responded to any of them.

The only hope I have is I'm NOT the only one stuck at this last stage there are quite a lot of us, therefore I would like to welcome you to the waiting club :D

What does your ECAS show? if it shows 'DM' then you will receive your pp very soon because this means that your visa has been issued and is awaiting delivery ;)

Kindest Regard
Interesting... maybe we should start a thread for us lot awaiting passports from AUH! I can understand when you say it's kind of a relief in a way to know you're not alone..

My E-CAS status changed to decision made as soon as i got my PPR email from my visa officer.

Your explanation on LVO clearing up backlogs in lightning speed kind of makes sense causing this delay with the stamps.. i also didn't know that stickers are sent to AUH from LDN.

Thanks for that.. and best of luck to you and everyone else waiting...

P.S: I really think we should create that thread! :)

Petesilvo

Star Member
Dec 1, 2013
msaeed said:
Sir

Immigration is by choice , and an applicant has to comply by their rules , until he / she reaches a stage where they have the power to change rules

Stay Blessed
Indeed it is a choice.. and i'm not against any of these decisions, however some people urgently need their passports back for various reasons.. as an example, my temp visa where i reside has ended several weeks ago and now i'm stuck with an expired visa and no passport. Anyway, hope this all is resolved soon.

Regards.

Petesilvo

Star Member
Dec 1, 2013
sujwal said:
It is really sad to hear that. But there is one thing i think we must know about. Unlike london visa office and other high commissions around the globle, abu Dhabi and Riyadh are Satellite visa office, which means they have very limited resources and on top of that the office is responsbile to process temporary resident applications for countires in Middle East.
Now the problem starts once other high commissions such as London, India request Abu dhabi to issue vignette sticker on passports for applicants who reside in Middle East. Also, now the vintage sticker has got another security measure so printing vignette sticker takes time.
Its hard to wait but we dont have option than waiting. I wish you get your passport back with vignette sticker.
That makes sense.. didn't know about the stamps being sent from LDN. thanks for that. And best of luck to you too!

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msaeed said:
Sir

Maximum seven days

Stay Blessed
One of my friend is suggesting to carry all money as cash. As per him, he took the draft, deposited in RBC in Toronto and it took for him almost a month and thats also by following up with them almosy after every few days....so i m a bit confused...

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anybody on this forum who moved from UAE to Canada and took the money in the form of bank draft from ADCB? If yes, can some one please share the experience?

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
msaeed said:
Sir

Visa stickers and COPR are printed in London , UK , and dispatched through courier to respective Visa Offices for Pasting and delivering.
Delays are at London Visa office , local visa offices act as post offices

Stay Blessed
Yes you are right but I want to share experience of my friend who was residing in Qatar. His file was accessed in London, but Abu Dhabi requested passport and the visa was issued at Abu dhabi also received COPR from same office. His wife however living in London was requested passport from London office and got visa from London. So based on this tactis i was saying people residing in Middle east or any other part of the world, but whose application is accessed in London request passport to be submitted to the nearest visa office.
Normally this practise is only for those applicants whose main and dependants live in different countires. I think one of our forum member "sani's" spouce was living in Spain and Sani in another country, i remember she said her husband was waiting passport, and she got passport from Islamabad office.(i am aware files were transferred to london offices from islamabaad, but still visa are printed there). It might have been changed lately but it has been like that before. Also, few countries has law restricting posting passports, and if the applicant or dependant live in one of these countries the visa is printed by local office. My brother was living in Portugal, but his file was accessed by London office (he applied when he was residing in UK), visa was issued by France high commission. I too have same situation so i will share what happens in my case. I amnt yet requested passport nor my wife (living in different country).

newmanitoban

Apr 28, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13
Doc's Request.
Jul 14
AOR Received.
Jan 14
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Sep 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 14
LANDED..........
March 15
sujwal said:
Yes you are right but I want to share experience of my friend who was residing in Qatar. His file was accessed in London, but Abu Dhabi requested passport and the visa was issued at Abu dhabi also received COPR from same office. His wife however living in London was requested passport from London office and got visa from London. So based on this tactis i was saying people residing in Middle east or any other part of the world, but whose application is accessed in London request passport to be submitted to the nearest visa office.
Normally this practise is only for those applicants whose main and dependants live in different countires. I think one of our forum member "sani's" spouce was living in Spain and Sani in another country, i remember she said her husband was waiting passport, and she got passport from Islamabad office.(i am aware files were transferred to london offices from islamabaad, but still visa are printed there). It might have been changed lately but it has been like that before. Also, few countries has law restricting posting passports, and if the applicant or dependant live in one of these countries the visa is printed by local office. My brother was living in Portugal, but his file was accessed by London office (he applied when he was residing in UK), visa was issued by France high commission. I too have same situation so i will share what happens in my case. I amnt yet requested passport nor my wife (living in different country).
Well Said

Yes Sani's spouse was in spain.

Regards

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
msaeed said:
Sir

Visa stickers and COPR are printed in London , UK , and dispatched through courier to respective Visa Offices for Pasting and delivering.
Delays are at London Visa office , local visa offices act as post offices

Stay Blessed
Brother, what I have been told is the visa and COPR is issued in London (in the system) and electronically transmitted to Riyadh/Abu Dhabi/Islamabad, etc. The printing happens in the local country CHC.

My COPR have the stamp of Riyach CHC (not London) although the place of issue is shown as London.
The photo attached and stamped in my COPR is also the photo which I submitted to Riyadh via VFS just 2 days before I got the COPR. It is not possible that this photo was sent to London, stamped and returned to Riyadh in 1 day.

Maria_Sal

Feb 5, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER Received: 07-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
19-Aug-2013
Med's Request
10-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
13-Jan-2014, Uploaded 16-Jan, ECAS 3rd line 'Medicals received' 20-Jan
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:14-July-2014, PPR2:28-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received passports with visa on 14-Aug-2014 :)
LANDED..........
inshaAllah in Jan-2015
navali said:
Is there anybody on this forum who moved from UAE to Canada and took the money in the form of bank draft from ADCB? If yes, can some one please share the experience?
hi navali...we r moving in January from uae to Canada..insha Allah
we have accounts in adcb but will probably make the drafts through uae exchange for better exchange rates...you may do the same...
my parents have been sending drafts to usa and Canada from uae exchange and it works fine...

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Dhaka2014 said:
Brother, what I have been told is the visa and COPR is issued in London (in the system) and electronically transmitted to Riyadh/Abu Dhabi/Islamabad, etc. The printing happens in the local country CHC.

My COPR have the stamp of Riyach CHC (not London) although the place of issue is shown as London.
The photo attached and stamped in my COPR is also the photo which I submitted to Riyadh via VFS just 2 days before I got the COPR. It is not possible that this photo was sent to London, stamped and returned to Riyadh in 1 day.
Thank you dhaka2014,
This is exactly what i was saying.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Dhaka2014 said:

Dear Mate

In my post , I have submitted that "Visa and COPR are printed in London , UK".
Electronic transmittal is in case of other visas , for control , immigration visas & copr are printed in London , UK and couriered to CHC Islamabad , in our case.

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Maria_Sal said:
hi navali...we r moving in January from uae to Canada..insha Allah
we have accounts in adcb but will probably make the drafts through uae exchange for better exchange rates...you may do the same...
my parents have been sending drafts to usa and Canada from uae exchange and it works fine...
Dear Maria

Assalam U Aleikum

Nice to see you after a loooooooooooooong time. Wish you all the best for your future.
In Sha Allah , I will be landing on March 02,2015

Stay Blessed

Maria_Sal

Feb 5, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER Received: 07-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
19-Aug-2013
Med's Request
10-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
13-Jan-2014, Uploaded 16-Jan, ECAS 3rd line 'Medicals received' 20-Jan
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:14-July-2014, PPR2:28-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received passports with visa on 14-Aug-2014 :)
LANDED..........
inshaAllah in Jan-2015
msaeed said:
Dear Maria

Assalam U Aleikum

Nice to see you after a loooooooooooooong time. Wish you all the best for your future.
In Sha Allah , I will be landing on March 02,2015

Stay Blessed
walaikum assalam saeed bhai...nice to hear from u too...
yes totally dedicating time to job n wrapping up these days...inshaAllah will meet with u n family in Canada soon...
thanks for all ur guidance... :)

gul487

May 5, 2014
Good point raised by someone.

Dear All,

Some time ago around mid Nov, I shared a message based on my interpretation of the updates about EE that 31 Dec applications should be the last applications received under old programme , and I received many questions around that as to if you got anything from a CIC, read something somewhere etc. etc. My interpretation was based on the pure interpretation of what was given on CIC website.

Now since EE is about to get launched from 01 Jan 2015, few of us have raised doubts our submitted applications and the impact of EE on the last set of applications before 31 December 2014.

My take on this would be :

1) Since EE is a more softer and quick version of the current system, hence CIC will accept new applications under new programme.
2) There can't be any question of rejection or delay on account of the EE on the current system. Reason is had it been their plan, they would not have opened new list on 01 May 2014 till December as they already have lot of backlogs of 2013 and before. So they actually wanted to process and opened many NOC in May 2014.
3) Since First lot of EE will come out on 31 Jan, meaning some of us who will put applications online, will apply after that and the minimum time frame to fill up forms, getting DDs made, completing the file etc will take 2 weeks so I am presuming first set of applications should start reaching by 15 Feb for CIC verifications post which this will come to local visa offices. ( Untill now those who have received their PERs, they have already cleared lot and apps stage in 2014)

4) Basis point no 3, local visa offices should start getting new apps not before 15 March as best guess esitmates.

If you look at the whole scenario together, practically local visa office still have 2.5 months to process 2014 applications and its a good amount of time frame if they focus only on 2014 PER cases.

If you guys wish to understand the details further, I would suggest kindly go through the EE systems of Australia basis which CIC started working on this implemtation in canadian system due to lot of advantages. In australia before EE the time frame was 12 months which substantially got reduced to 6-7 months again applications process and stages etc are similar in there as well.

Feel free to share your view points.

This might help some of us to remain positive and optimistic instead of thinking too negative about own set of applications due to lauch of EE in 2015.

Cheers!