Interview........
26-02-2014
Passport Req..
29-05-2014, Passports Submitted on 04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2014
ILoveAB said:
Hi Forumates,
I found the below in another forum and decided to share it here for the benefit of others who have been waiting for far too long.

This is news for all applicants up to 2013.

I sent a mail to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada asking why there's a slow pace in application processing in Accra as compared to other visa offices,here is the response I got:

Dear XXXX XXXX XXXX:

This is in reply to your e-mail of June 6, 2014, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, about application processing times in Accra.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, the applicant is required to update their results.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education, business dealings, or military service in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

CIC has finite resources to deploy throughout its extensive overseas network. Many visa offices have large caseloads that involve priority class applications and require sufficient allocations of CIC's finite resources to ensure these cases are finalized as quickly as possible. Each visa office must deal with operational environments unique both to its role in CIC's overseas program commitments and the realities of the region of the world in which they are located. This means that processing times for the same category of applications may vary within the CIC visa office network. Given the varying operational environments in different countries, comparisons between visa offices can be misleading.

Processing targets for visa offices are set within a global management plan that incorporates the capacities of all PR processing visa offices within CIC's overseas network. CIC continually reviews the configuration of its overseas network to ensure that its resources are deployed to maximize its ability to effectively serve our clients.

CIC is committed to the equitable and transparent treatment of all PR applications, regardless of the origin of those applications. However, the resourcing and target levels for some visa offices must be balanced against the requirements of other visa offices in the CIC network. Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on the CIC Website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

Thank you for taking the time to write and express your concerns.
So basically they said nothing at all.

pronto.futura

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
many thx for your comment; highly insightful :)

pronto.futura

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
yasir_mto said:
Heartiest Congrats
addy34 for getting quick MR
MuzafferQA, pronto.futura , Uthorn and others who progressed

Best of luck for remaining journey
Best Regards
Thank you ;D

pronto.futura

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
outstandinguy said:
Well, I proactively initiated the Saudi PCC procedure way before and got it within 5 days (end to end) based on the letter from Pak Embassy.

Whatever route he/she opts, objective is to reach the dox within 60 days window.

ATB
I tend to choose the shortest route as the clock is ticking and I only have less than thirty days to reply back!

WILL IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
I hope not !

:)

pronto.futura

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Stranger Friendly said:
Was away...nice to see so many developments!

Civ.dxb................ Happy Anniversary

Maria _Sal ............Congrats for Umrah Maria

Dndoon21..............Congrats for MR from CDD

Azlan ...................Congrats for Visa and COPR

Unit_ThornHill.........Congrats on MR received.

addy34..................Congrats on PPR

pronto.futura..........Congrats on file movement

MuzafferQA .............congrats on PPR2

Best of luck every one.......

CHEERS & ALL THE BEST EVERYONE :)

mabmab

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July 2013
Doc's Request.
PER 3rd October 2013
another dry day from LVO :( :(

No major news/updates movements from LVO in terms of medicals/status updates !!

Since 1 year, days/weeks and months have gone like this ! I don't know, for how still will it continue to be like that ..........

Dreaming to be one of those to post some good news/updates on this thread..

shanutiger

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
mabmab said:
another dry day from LVO :( :(

No major news/updates movements from LVO in terms of medicals/status updates !!

Since 1 year, days/weeks and months have gone like this ! I don't know, for how still will it continue to be like that ..........

Dreaming to be one of those to post some good news/updates on this thread..
Absolutely right LVO is purely playing a waiting game, nobody knows what happens , whose number turns up next day when we refresh our inboxes , did u get second line addition in ECAS ?

mabmab

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July 2013
Doc's Request.
PER 3rd October 2013
shanutiger said:
Absolutely right LVO is purely playing a waiting game, nobody knows what happens , whose number turns up next day when we refresh our inboxes , did u get second line addition in ECAS ?
No , just a single line..............we have received your application on 5th July 2013.

(Rest is dream)

shanutiger

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
mabmab said:
No , just a single line..............we have received your application on 5th July 2013.

(Rest is dream)
okk i have got second line : We started processing your application on 16 may 2014, one month has passed after second line addition but still waiting for my golden email of medical

mabmab

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July 2013
Doc's Request.
PER 3rd October 2013
shanutiger said:
okk i have got second line : We started processing your application on 16 may 2014, one month has passed after second line addition but still waiting for my golden email of medical
Glad to know. what is your NOC, & Application Date ?

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Abu Hassaan said:
You know what, nkalra was also kind of hiding at the CIIP session. I made a guess about one couple that they could be nkalra family but when I spoke with them during the first break, totally wrong guess :-[ :-[ :-[. Then I took a second chance and you know what, another wrong guess ;D ;D ;D.

Then I waited with faith ;) ;) ;) and found out later part of the day that who is Mr. nkalra :D :D :D. You might be wondering that my third guess was correct. If you are thinking this, then you are totally wrong this time :p :p :p. I came to know about nkalra from his name plate which was sitting in front of him for whole day ;D ;D ;D. He was sitting couple of guys away from me in the same line. I was totally dumb on that day :'( :'( :'(
@Abu Hassan, Instead of investing this much amount of time and keeping the spy you could have approached me with gentlemen smile. :)

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Abu Hassaan said:
Msaeed brother,

When this forum was started, I also misunderstood from couple of nkalra's posts that this is a lady but later it was cleared that he is a man ;D ;D ;D. Anyways, he is the RONAQ of this forum. :) :) :)
It's never too late in life. :)

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
msaeed said:
Dear Abu Hassan

Her posts are always girlish , like Marias. :p :p :p :p :p

Stay Blessed
Sir, desi style " Noor dekhni wale ke nazar mein hota hai" , aap wahe dekhte hain jo dekhna chahte hain. :)

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
JBZZS said:
Btw, I found all details about nkalra by chance on internet on one of the web forums (name, email, work location, company... all stuff) :p and then his linkedin profile as well :p but of course will keep it confidential 8)
O Bhai, CIC has finished their S/C checks now you also stop Mr. Bond007 8)

mabmab

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July 2013
Doc's Request.
PER 3rd October 2013
LAST FEW PAGES OF THIS THREAD WERE FULL OF C-R-A-P AND DISAPPOINTING.

Most of us FSW 2013 started way to Canada almost 1 year back & have been guiding & helping each other. The spirit of this forum should be maintained with respect for all. Most of us don't know each other, we should avoid bullying & pulling some one legs.

It was Tuesday & was hoping that pages would be gulped with some good news/updates/information, but unfortunately last few pages were disappointing & wasted. LVO also disappointed us today :) :) I am never bothered of congrats/wishes messages as such gesture is natural as we are started all togather, some ahead of us & some with us. but have a look into last few pages........................Whats wrong with you guys ????? PLEASE DONT BE OFFENDED & TAKE MY CRITIC IN POSITIVE WAY.