+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London visa office help----experts please.

mc1992

May 12, 2013
Hi...my name is monica. I'm a canadian citizen. I am studying in University in Toronto in Life sciences, I'll lead my education in medical schools in Canada as well. So i'm doing really good in school. My boyfriend ( we have relationship for 3 years till date), he is studying in sweden in Software engineering and he'll do his masters too from sweden. we both are from bangladesh. so my boyfriend studying in sweden as an international student. Well this thing is i never took any bankrupt, i take only OSAP (student loan) which i have to give back after i done my undergrad. So i can't do any full time job. But my education loan completely supports my expense. My boyfriend's father helps him and manages his expenses in Sweden. But he has a big number of savings in his bangladesh bank account.Me and my boyfriend took lots of trips including in bangladesh, paris, denmark and switzerland. We are planning to get marry next year. So my questions are :

If i don't have a full time job am i allow to sponsor him after we get marry? Is it going to be a refusal because of income?

and according to my explanation of my situation what you guys things about our chances?

thank you in advance.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey,

There is no minimum income for sponsoring a spouse. So as long as you can prove how you will support yourself and your partner, and you can show that you have a plan, you can sponsor him.

If you've been in a relationship for 3 years, have been traveling together, and have all the proofs of that, you probably have a strong case, so unless there is any red flags, it should be fine. When you get married, make sure you keep all the receipts, pictures etc. Get familiar already with the forms and what you will need to prepare, so when you get married you can apply after that.

London takes a bit longer for non visa-exempt than for visa-exempt applicants as the background checks are longer, but you can have a look at the spreadsheet in my signature to have an idea.
Good luck,
Sweden

mc1992

May 12, 2013
Hi...thanks for your reply. Just wondering i just checked with cic and it saysLondon visa office takes 9 months...is it for non visa exempt as well?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
yes - on the website there is no difference between visa-exempt and non visa-exempt, as it's the time it takes to process 80% of the applications. The point I was making is more based on experience. If you look at the London spreadsheet in my signature, you will see that quite a few people get done before the 9 months (my application was just under 4 months in London), but in general non-visa-exempt applicants tend to take a bit longer as the background checks take longer. However, it is not always the case, and if you have a well prepared, complete application and a straightforward case ( no previous marriage or kids, regular communication, no major age difference, wedding according to your cultural background, no previous sponsorship for you etc), you could be done before that.
Good luck,
Sweden

mc1992

May 12, 2013
Hi thank u again. Ya i don't have any of the other problem, i or he don't have any previous marriages, we contact whole day in FaceTime, regular texting through Facebook, age difference is only 3 years ( he's 3 years older than me), and our wedding will be according to our culture. Only thing i'm afraid of is about my income. well the savings he has he can support me and himself after he arrives in canada. ( his family is very rich). Well now i don't have any problem supporting my self with my education load (my tuition fees, rent, other things i can support), i also get couple of scholarships throughout my academic years and also its a rule that when i'm married the education loan for students is to support me and my husband. so income is only my concern. Just a question...

if they call for interview of him where he'll go ( as sweden don't issue visa), does he needs to go London?

Thanks.