+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONDON Visa Office Applicants....Lets connect here

tulipz

Apr 4, 2016
Hi everyone, I just got an ITA. We live in London (UK citizens). Going by the last few pages, I can sense that people are unhappy with LVO. Why? Please can anyone tell me what’s all this about? (300+ pages)

Also, I don’t understand the stages and their abbreviations. Please can someone explain? What’s AOR, GCMS, IP1, IP2, PPR? I only know 1 so far - that’s ITA :(

Thanks in advance :)

ee_candidate

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hi everyone, I just got an ITA. We live in London (UK citizens). Going by the last few pages, I can sense that people are unhappy with LVO. Why? Please can anyone tell me what’s all this about? (300+ pages)

Also, I don’t understand the stages and their abbreviations. Please can someone explain? What’s AOR, GCMS, IP1, IP2, PPR? I only know 1 so far - that’s ITA :(

For reasons unknown, London Visa Office is slow in processing files. Maybe they are resource constrained.

Here is a list of abbreviations posted by another forum member:

*PCC* - Police Clearance Certificate
*FSW* - Federal Skill Worker
*EE* - Express Entry
*ITA* - Invitation To Apply
*PPR* - Passport Requirement
*MR* - Medical Request
*POF* - Proof of Fund
*CRS* - Comprehensive Ranking System
*NOC* - National Occupation Clarification
*AOR* - Acknowledgement of Receipt
*PER* - Positive Eligibility Review
*COPR* Confirmation of Permanent Residence
*PEI* Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration
*AOR* Acknowledgement of receipt letter.
*BDEC* Background Decision
*CC* Credit Card
*CHC* Canadian High Commission – refers to the Canadian embassies, Visa offices, and Consulates.
*CIC* Citizenship and Immigration, Canada – the umbrella body which governs both CIO and local CHC offices
*CIO* Centralized Intake Office in Sydney Nova Scotia – where you sent your application. Sometimes it is mentioned as CIU (Centralized Intake Unit).
*DD* Demand Draft (Bank Draft / Certified Cheque / Money Order)
*ECA* Educational Credential Assessment
*ECAS* Client Application Status, an official CIC service which allows to view the status of your application on-line
*FD* Fixed Deposit
*SLU* Second Level Update
*FILE BF'D TO* File Brought Forward date
*FINDEC* Financial Decision
*FOSS* is a central database of applications
*GCMS* Global Case Management System
*IMMCAT* Immigration Category
*JD* Job Description
*M01-M07* level of Medical assessment. M01 means perfect
*MEDDEC* Medical Decision
*MI* Ministerial Instructions
*MR* Medical Examination Request
*NCR* No Criminal Record
*NOC* National Occupation Classification
*OREQ* Other Requirement
*PCC* Police Clearance Certificate
*PER* Confirmation of Positive Eligibility Review from CIO
*PI* Principal Immigrant
*POF* Proof of Funds
*PPR* Passport Request
*PPS* point at paper screening stage
*PS* Prescreen (another explanation is Paper selection)
*PSDEC* Paper Selection Decision
*RPRF* Right of Permanent Residence Fees
*SEC CRIM* Security criminal
*SELDEC* Selection Decision
*SW1* Skill Worker 1
*UCI* Unique Client Identifier, an 8-digit identification number. People usually get it from CIC in a PER confirmation
*VO* Visa Office
*RBVO* Received by Visa Office
*XREF* Cross referenced applicant
*PR* - Permanent Residency
*NA* Not Applicable
*IP* In Progress (1 or 2) and refers to the status of your background check
*NBG* Next Step is to Conduct a Background Check
*BOWP* Bridging Open Work Permit
*PGWP* Post Graduation Work Permit
*CSIS* Canadian Security Intelligence Service

Reactions: Mizu_Sk

Winiexyz

Mar 26, 2018

Check this link:

https://immiknowhow.com/2017/07/16/bg-and-medical-status-and-its-meaning-post-aor/comment-page-4/#comments

Gives the meaning of the abbreviations and explains the stages. Cheers

Crystal Chris

Nov 5, 2017
Hi @BillHyatt, hope you are well and doing great... Any suggestions why after ghost update for over 15days no further message from CIC. What's is the trend now, cos it seems only LnVO has this issue. Other VO send PPR or ADR after ghost update in less than 10days. Can you advice what is going on at LnVO as they seems to cease issuing NOV apps PPR.

yaserb

Jul 30, 2017
Ok. Do let me know once you receive the notes
Hi Sfaizi

I received a response from CSIS. CSIS has communicated that the security screening is still in progress and therefore the details cannot be disclosed as it is exempt from disclosure under section 15(1), 16(1)(a), 16(1)(b) or 19(1) of the Access to Information Act, until the process is completed

My GCMS notes only had s15(1) on the top right corner in some of the pages. Now it is confirmed that I am under SS. I have ordered CBSA notes as well three weeks ago and I expect to receive it next week or so hopefully I would have more clear view of the time frame of this process and when was my application sent for SS.

Reactions: maburaida

maburaida

Mar 26, 2016
Hi Sfaizi

I received a response from CSIS. CSIS has communicated that the security screening is still in progress and therefore the details cannot be disclosed as it is exempt from disclosure under section 15(1), 16(1)(a), 16(1)(b) or 19(1) of the Access to Information Act, until the process is completed

My GCMS notes only had s15(1) on the top right corner in some of the pages. Now it is confirmed that I am under SS. I have ordered CBSA notes as well three weeks ago and I expect to receive it next week or so hopefully I would have more clear view of the time frame of this process and when was my application sent for SS.
Hi Bro,

How did you communicate with CSIS? Did you ask for CSIS notes or you dropped them an email?

Reactions: yaserb