+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONDON Visa Office Applicants....Lets connect here

Zeeman4

Sep 1, 2016
Yes, I asked if they could extend and VCM confirmed they did. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad sign though. I worry it means they are a long way from processing my file so they know they require that extension.
It could be positive because they are sure, your check will be done soon. but negative in a way it will take some time. Those people who are going through tough ss, they dont reply or if reply they say no extenstion or redo email until checks over. That is dangerous.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
@Reykhan Hello both, I received a response below. Extension but file STILL not had even INITIAL review... o_O

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I have already requested the extension of your medical and it has been extended to 2019/03/27.

Your application is still awaiting initial review with an officer.

Sincerely,

VCM
Thanks Huma. Ohhh daaaamn!! What's your AOR. By the way i think DRD couldn't be bothered to reply back to my email as I still haven't received any response back about the medical.

Got my GCMS though and can't believe that they didn't touch me file until late February .

huma757

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Thanks Huma. Ohhh daaaamn!! What's your AOR. By the way i think DRD couldn't be bothered to reply back to my email as I still haven't received any response back about the medical.

Got my GCMS though and can't believe that they didn't touch me file until late February .
VCM ignored my first medical extension request, so maybe email DRD again so he is reminded to reply to you.

Yes unbelievable our files have gone untouched for this long...

Reactions: Reykhan

feolu

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
After getting ppr how soon can she apply for him? Does she need to relocate to Canada first before applying ?
When she gets PPR she can notify CIC her status has changed. The letter states how to go about it. It does not become as complicated as spousal applications. A friend of mine just sorted his wife's within 2 months.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt I understand this is a very busy period for you, well done. Please do you have an idea of how long it takes on average to move from one level to the other according to this analysis you provided?

For instance, how long does it take to move from Level 2 (under review) to Level 3 (final review) etc.

Would very much appreciate additional insights.

Cheers to all. Our Canadian immigration dreams will become reality.
Unfortunately, there is no timeline as applicants can move in few hours from one level to another and for some, it can take months.

lucky320

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
@BillHyatt
Dear Bill, from your experience, what do you think of asking LVO about my application after one months past the interview? Total it has been more than 9 months since AOR.
In general, I remember you said it can take up to 2 months after the interview to finalize the case, was it so? Thank you for your feedback

ALN9ja

Aug 10, 2017
Just wanted to give a quick update with regards to my interview which went very well and I got my visa and COPR on the same day.

95% of the interview questions were work related and I was asked to attend with all my work documents, payslips and updated bank statement.

Timeline

AOR Received - 18/03/2017
Medicals Cleared: 17/05/2017
IP1 : 17/05/2017
NA: 30/05/2017
Interview Call :23/10/2017
Interview Date :30/10/2017
IP2 : 30/10/2017
PPR: 30/10/2017
Landed on the : 13/11/2017

Type: FSW Outland
VISA Office: London
Interview and Visa issued in - CHC Accra, Ghana
Resident: Lagos, Nigeria

The interview was very thorough and lasted for 30mins. Below are some of the questions asked

- Why do you want to move to Canada?
- Where in Canada do I want to settle and why
- Have you used someone else’s help in preparing your application?
- What do you see as the biggest challenge of immigrating to Canada?
- Tell me about your previous jobs
- Why did you come back from the US to Nigeria to take this job with less pay and different career path.
- How did you find this job and what previous experience did you have that made you a suitable candidate
- What is your current job description?
- What are the qualifications required for your current job
- can you explain a typical day in your workplace?
- Have you ever been refused a visa before and what was the reason?
- Are you willing to do any other job or only your profession in Canada?
- Examples of some work / projects you have done
- Why didn't you submit payslips during the initial application and why is there no salary deposit in your bank account
Ans: I didn't think payslip was required however, I came to the interview with 12months payslip. Also I used my savings account for POF, however I also attended the interview with my 12month current account statement which had all my salary deposit.

- How many people working in our company?
- How many are working under me and to whom I report?
- How did you manage to get off work today in short notice?
- Provide scenarios and details about my current job
- Projects that I am currently working on
- What is the company size…
- Have you searched for your job? What’s the potential market etc?
- Any friends / relatives in Canada and what they do?
- Why moving to Canada when you are well established here?

Finally, she went through all the duties mentioned in my work reference letter and asked me to explain it and give examples.

At the end she said congratulation I am satisfied you meet the requirement and asked me to come back at 2pm to collect the Visa. I was also asked to come with two passport photo and since I didn't have one, they directed me to Flash Photos, near the Danquah Circle, Osu, Ghana

Hi congratulations on all you have been able to achieve. Can you please let me know how the request for your salary deposit account was worded. Was a period of time that the statement should cover specified? Same question goes for the statements you were asked to show for POF....did they specifically say 'updated'?...and for what period. Will really appreciate a response as I have just received a notification yesterday that I have an interview next week. Thank you

khushi.saxena

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
Hi congratulations on all you have been able to achieve. Can you please let me know how the request for your salary deposit account was worded. Was a period of time that the statement should cover specified? Same question goes for the statements you were asked to show for POF....did they specifically say 'updated'?...and for what period. Will really appreciate a response as I have just received a notification yesterday that I have an interview next week. Thank you
interview at accra ??

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
@BillHyatt

I had inquired about my application status and received the following response...

Thank you for your email.

Your application is still awaiting further review and we have no information for you at this time. Please be assured we will contact you again as soon as we are able to.

You need take no further action at this time.

Kind regards,

DJM
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) | Immigration Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC)

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada

Canada House | Maison du Canada
Trafalgar Square
London | Londres

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni
SW1Y 5BJ

I am in IP2 since 27 Feb.... Can you please suggest at what stage my application is with your experience.....

Kikaycanada

Apr 14, 2018
@BillHyatt,
Please advise implication of below mail received from LVO, I feel worried about the content of paragraph 1&2.

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in the provincial nominee class. The
information you have provided is insufficient for a visa officer to be satisfied that you meet the
requirements for immigration to Canada.
The provincial nominee class is described in Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection
Regulations (IRPR) as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis
of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in the
province that has nominated them. Notwithstanding the nomination of an applicant by a
province or territory, the federal government has the final authority to select immigrants in the
provincial nominee class.

Please read this letter carefully and provide precisely what is being requested; if you provide
incorrect or incomplete information, it may result in your application being refused. You may
already have provided similar information to the province as part of your nomination process,
but please provide the following (✓) to assist the federal government with its assessment of
your eligibility under Subsection 87 of the IRPR:
1. (☑) Height and eye colour details – for all family members.
2. (☑) Passport biopages – for all family members.
Please submit all of the requested information at the same time, as your file will not be reviewed
until submissions are complete. If you do not submit the requested information within 60 days of
the date of this letter, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information already
provided. This could lead to your application being refused.
Please include a copy of this letter with any information you send.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section

Reactions: Gbemjay