+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONDON Visa Office Applicants....Lets connect here

huma757

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
U sure this is IP1 . Because someone else told me its IP2
Bit confused with these IP2 update messages on forum , since my status is bit different - can anyone advise if I’m in IP2 or not? the status is : Background check :-“we are processing ur background check. We will send u a mssg if we need more infoand review of additional documents :-“we do not need additional documents
Hi mine is the same - we are ip2. Ip1 background status says 'your bg check is being processed...' whereas in ip2 background status says 'we are processing your bgcheck...'

We are definitely ip2

sfaizi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Just got an update on my GCkey.

Yesterday my medical status was at "passed"

Now changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes"

Coincidentally my medical expiry was on 26 Feb 2018

Any idea what this means?
Has my medical validity been extended?

Currently in BGC since 9 Dec

Deiabah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
File Transfer...
08-09-2017
EE, PNP-O
AoR April 2nd
MP: July 27th
FTD: September 8th to London VO
IP2: November 10th

I’ve sent an email requesting an update from London VO, and they’ve replied as below:

I have underlined my concern, so any advise?

———————————————————
Thank you for your email.

We confirm background checks are still currently in process for your application. Please be advised that there are various checks that a file may need to undergo during the application process. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise when these checks will be completed. We will contact you again as soon as we are able to, however, you should note this is unlikely to be for quite some time yet.

We appreciate your patience during this process.

Yours sincerely,
EXP

Immigration and Medical Services Division
High Commission of Canada

PaulRich

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
15-05-2017
Nomination.....
27-05-2017
Bit confused with these IP2 update messages on forum , since my status is bit different - can anyone advise if I’m in IP2 or not? the status is : Background check :-“we are processing ur background check. We will send u a mssg if we need more infoand review of additional documents :-“we do not need additional documents
I would agree with those saying it's IP2. This follows NA2 and comes after medicals are passed usually a couple of months.

Funtell85

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Just got an update on my GCkey.

Yesterday my medical status was at "passed"

Now changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes"

Coincidentally my medical expiry was on 26 Feb 2018

Any idea what this means?
Has my medical validity been extended?

Currently in BGC since 9 Dec
I had same scenario with my medicals that expired 13 Jan 2018. So it's either IRCC will ask you to renew the medicals by sending you a medical request letter or issue PPR with an extension on your medicals expiry. If you are asked to renew the medicals, once done and passed your medical status will change to "you passed the medical exam". I hope that helps...

Reactions: sfaizi

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Hello. Apologies for the typo. This is IP2.

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
I am talking about London Visa Office and specifically for PNP-O applicants only. This doesn't apply to other applicants and Visa Offices.
Hello Bill,

Im a PNO-O Applicant and my application is being processed in London. We have a couple of members in our group with AOR as late as Dec 30, PNP-O London VO who moved to ip2 also.

I also have a couple of guys whose AOR is around mine and they are still in ip1 like me.

Difficult to understand their work pattern.

Nishant.

sfaizi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
EE, PNP-O
AoR April 2nd
MP: July 27th
FTD: September 8th to London VO
IP2: November 10th

I’ve sent an email requesting an update from London VO, and they’ve replied as below:

I have underlined my concern, so any advise?

———————————————————
Thank you for your email.

We confirm background checks are still currently in process for your application. Please be advised that there are various checks that a file may need to undergo during the application process. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise when these checks will be completed. We will contact you again as soon as we are able to, however, you should note this is unlikely to be for quite some time yet.

We appreciate your patience during this process.

Yours sincerely,
EXP

Immigration and Medical Services Division
High Commission of Canada

I received the same reply from EXP when I requested status update. It is a standard response that EXP is sending out.

Only difference is this line was not mentioned:

We will contact you again as soon as we are able to, however, you should note this is unlikely to be for quite some time yet.

sfaizi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
I had same scenario with my medicals that expired 13 Jan 2018. So it's either IRCC will ask you to renew the medicals by sending you a medical request letter or issue PPR with an extension on your medicals expiry. If you are asked to renew the medicals, once done and passed your medical status will change to "you passed the medical exam". I hope that helps...
What were you asked to do? renew medicals?

To be honest, I had emailed LVO on 12 Feb requesting if my medical validity can be extended until the duration of application review process.

So i'm hoping that they have extended the medicals.

Funtell85

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
What were you asked to do? renew medicals?

To be honest, I had emailed LVO on 12 Feb requesting if my medical validity can be extended until the duration of application review process.

So i'm hoping that they have extended the medicals.
I was sent medical request form, but strangely it wasn't immediately after it expired. I thought it would be an immediate automated medicals request. I got the request after about 2 weeks from expiration date.

Hopefully they extend yours, I didn't ask for an extension... Have you gotten any reply to your email?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello Bill,

Im a PNO-O Applicant and my application is being processed in London. We have a couple of members in our group with AOR as late as Dec 30, PNP-O London VO who moved to ip2 also.

I also have a couple of guys whose AOR is around mine and they are still in ip1 like me.

Difficult to understand their work pattern.

Nishant.
It is even more difficult to explain these things in detail. I have already shared a detailed information on this before and I can't find a link at the moment.

In short, files are allocated according to something called as IR PNP Triage which is not known to you but only seen by the officer through Internal Records and this fact is also stated in GCMS Notes as well. So, some files with same AOR date and Transfer Date may see a different pattern due to files referred in separate Triage.

I hope this will help.