+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONDON Visa Office Applicants....Lets connect here

sfaizi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Any idea what is the average time taken for background checks to be completed?

Received status update mail on 9 Dec and since then its been in BGC.

I sent an email to LVO and received the response below:

"Your application is undergoing background checks at this stage. Please be advised that there are various checks that a file may need to undergo during the application process. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise when these checks will be completed. However, please rest assured we will contact you if/when further information is required.

We appreciate your patience during this process."

Thanks

MJacob

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Nomination.....
05-04-2017
AOR Received.
29-06-2017
File Transfer...
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017

Xaiby

Sep 14, 2017
@BillHyatt,
Hope you are doing great. Can you please tell when will LVO take up files transferred on Oct 3, with AOR August 04?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017

"Your application is undergoing background checks at this stage. Please be advised that there are various checks that a file may need to undergo during the application process. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise when these checks will be completed. However, please rest assured we will contact you if/when further information is required.

Thanks
Got the same reply I'm ip2 since 23rd november

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017

Thanks
I also got almost the same reply that application is undergoing background checks and these checks take time. ..
IP2 since 27 Nov. Don't know whether it indicates the security screening.

Krish18

Jul 4, 2017
They are already taking Transfer of 21 OCT or even after that, however, August AOR is expected this Thursday or else in Second Last week of February.
@BillHyatt hope you are doing well. Your prediction are always upto the mark.Please also guide on AOR 22 sept and file transferred on 9th November, when can we expect LVO to take up. Thanks and regards

sfaizi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015

Thanks
@BillHyatt

What is your expert opinion on this?

Thanks.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt hope you are doing well. Your prediction are always upto the mark.Please also guide on AOR 22 sept and file transferred on 9th November, when can we expect LVO to take up. Thanks and regards
The next batch will probably take 22 Sept AOR as well including 9th November Transfer. However, the next batch will either be processed on 25th Jan or 22nd Feb (guesswork taking past trends).

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt

What is your expert opinion on this?

Thanks.
Background Check take from few hours to few days unless it is selected for Security Screening. The problem nowadays is that despite your file is in a process it is not reviewed by the officer due to backlogs. As soon as your file is reviewed by the officer it should be finalised and approved.

The message they sent you doesn't necessarily state the accurate information.

I hope this will help.

Reactions: sfaizi

paulmathew88

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017

Thanks
Hi ..i also got this same reply from an officer called DRD last day . Am in Ip2 from Dec-19th . my AOR is june 19th.
really worried abt why its taking so long on ip2 .already LVO wasted so much time on my file...