+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONDON Visa Office Applicants....Lets connect here

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Well, for us it took us few days only. We received them back on 6th day after submission
This was fast. We have sent photocopies of our passports and they have arrived in London Office on 30th of May. Still showing that application is under process. I guess on average it takes 30 days to process COPR.

satil

Jun 18, 2022
Hi guys,
I am in the same boat as all of you, awaiting my passport since mid-May from London. I sent a webform this week (since 4 week period had passed) and got the following response:
The printing times in London are currently 10-12 weeks. Therefore, you should expect to receive your documents approximately 10-12 weeks after you submitted them for printing. The London office currently has a high volume of documents for printing and therefore print times are longer than the average time expected for visa offices worldwide, which is 4 weeks.
I guess, we all have to wait, AGIAN :) Good luck everyone, hope it will help you align your summer plans with the fact that you won't be able to travel abroad

panther145001

Jun 20, 2022
Dear forum members

I had applied for Canadian work permit (LMIA exempt) on 25 April, 2022 at London VO. I'm a doctor and my work permit was sponsored by a hospital in Canada under essential worker category.

I was expecting about 6-8 weeks processing time as I went by the processing times mentioned on their website at that time It is only after reading on forums that I realized how big is the problem with regards to waiting period.

Most of the post here are regarding Permanent residency. I was wondering if anyone is awaiting their 'work permit'.

I thought that the work permits especially of essential workers would be prioritized, however not sure if it would be. My job in Canada starts on 01 Aug, 2022.

Please share your views if possible.

Thanks.

Details:

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • June 9, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • April 29, 2022 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

canadaindia123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear forum members

I had applied for Canadian work permit (LMIA exempt) on 25 April, 2022 at London VO. I'm a doctor and my work permit was sponsored by a hospital in Canada under essential worker category.

I was expecting about 6-8 weeks processing time as I went by the processing times mentioned on their website at that time It is only after reading on forums that I realized how big is the problem with regards to waiting period.

Most of the post here are regarding Permanent residency. I was wondering if anyone is awaiting their 'work permit'.

I thought that the work permits especially of essential workers would be prioritized, however not sure if it would be. My job in Canada starts on 01 Aug, 2022.

Please share your views if possible.

Thanks.

Details:

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • June 9, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • April 29, 2022 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I am in the same situation. Applied for an LMIA exempt ICT work permit. Gave biometrics on 24th April (at that time, the wait time was 5 weeks compared to the 8 weeks now). I am not an essential worker though, so yours might end up being faster than mine.

I don't know what the portal shows though because employer designated attorneys applied on my behalf.

panther145001

Jun 20, 2022
I am in the same situation. Applied for an LMIA exempt ICT work permit. Gave biometrics on 24th April (at that time, the wait time was 5 weeks compared to the 8 weeks now). I am not an essential worker though, so yours might end up being faster than mine.

I don't know what the portal shows though because employer designated attorneys applied on my behalf.
Thanks for your reply.

Did You raise any Webforms ? I ve raised a few without any reply; I wonder If they even read them.

Did you try contacting an M.P ? I read somewhere that if a MP takes up the case, then a person's work permits could be prioritized. Not sure howuch of it is true.

panther145001

Jun 20, 2022
Did you get your passport back, ? please update here if you receive it back, i am still waiting
Hi,
Is there any facility at London Visa office for same day passport stamping or quicker stamping in few days like other countries visa offices have (offcourse at higher fees)