+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London UK is on the ball!

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Hey folks,

Just wanted to post an update- my partner received an email today requesting his passport. It came with a PDF detailing instructions on what to do next. I haven't seen it yet but was so excited I had to write something!

Our application was received by CPC-M on the 20th of April- further details are in my signature. That's a pretty good timeline as far as I'm concerned! Medical, police check and all documentation was supplied with the application and we paid up front, which I'm sure helped.

Good luck to all who continue to wait for positive news and keep the faith!

Tara

PS- Just checked and there's no update whatsoever on ECAS. There really is very little point in checking it more often than once a week or so!

ukmike

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
UK
Congratulations Tara!!!!

Really great news, well done. Also good to see London turning applications round in under 2 months! Keep us updated on the final process and how that goes. I bet you're guys are so excited!

welshiess

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Congratulations! I got an ecas update yesterday saying that they have sent me a letter and decision has been made. Yours was done so quickly!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Congratulations! :)

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Hi folks,

Another update: just wanted to add that the status on ECAS has changed to "Decision Made", so it really looks like we're into the final stretch. Can we just assume at this stage that it's all approved?

A couple of more photos were required along with passport so we had those taken at the weekend. The lot was sent from Ireland via registered post to London yesterday. Hopefully we'll have everything back by middle of August so we can prepare for a brief trip in September where my partner will do the landing.

He's a bit freaked out by the landing thing; he thinks he's going to make a mistake or cause offence which will result in him being hauled off by a grim-faced immigration offer and grilled mercilessly before being bundled into a van and shipped off to the Yukon, never to be seen again. Welcome to Canada, eh? Obviously a worst-case scenario (!), but can anyone share their landing experience? We'll be arriving in Pearson Airport, Toronto.

Thanks!
Tara

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
This isn't mine, but a member from here recently landed in Toronto. Here's a link to what she went through:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-am-landing-this-friday-t21176.0.html;msg109164#msg109164

She came from Lebanon and I suspect someone from the UK wouldn't get treated any worse. It's REALLY difficult to mess up the landing, I don't think your husband has anything to worry about ;) And even if he, they'd probably send him back home and not to Yukon xD

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
What a lovely story and such a happy ending!

I'm delighted her landing experience in Toronto was such a good one- delighted because it makes me proud as a Canadian that we know (for the most part) how to treat people, but also glad that my partner won't have too much to worry about!

Thanks again for everyones good wishes, and best of luck to those who continue to wait.

Tara

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Congratulations, it's good to hear someone getting their PR quickly!

StressedT

May 15, 2009
Hi Tara - I am glad to hear someone has had a good experience with the london office as I have not. What visa did you apply under? We applied for a conjugal in early 2007 - won the appeal in 2008 but are still waiting.

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I think we were exceptionally lucky as I can't believe its all been taken care of so quickly.

We applied under the Common Law category. We live together in Ireland and have plenty of evidence to back it all up which no doubt helped push the application along smoothly and quickly. Ken, my partner, has also visited Canada plenty of times in my company and knows my family there well. Always short visits, never over-stayed and never came to the attention of customs or immigration in anyway.

Hope that information is useful.

Best,
Tara

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
I really wish Cairo would get its act together. Tara your timeline is incredible. I really don't know why it is taking me and others in Cairo so long to pass through - even in the simplest of cases.... :(

So really, consider yourself blessed coz that would never occur in Egypt - at least i have yet to see it happen like that. Congrats and good luck to you and your partner back in Canada.

cheers,
Rasha.

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There not on the ball for me and my husband. My application was approved in Canada on October 8, 2008. Processing in London began on January 8, 2009 and it apparently is still in process. Apparently not everyone in London has their act together.