+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London TRV Processing Times Query

wanderer

Jul 23, 2011
HI,

Does anyone have any recent experience of processing times for TRV applications via post?

Thanks.

Ali.Jibran

Jul 23, 2011
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on the website it says 2 to 3 weeks. London office is pretty fast if you submit it by hand. 7 days.

wanderer

Jul 23, 2011
For the record, for anyone applying now the timeline was as follows:

Posted application Friday 8th - Delivered Tuesday 12th
Approved one week later - Tuesday 19th
Posted back Thursday 21st
Received Monday 25th

So, just over two weeks including postage to and from Ireland.

Hope this helps somebody else.

Ali.Jibran

Jul 23, 2011
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to the Canadian embassy in London yesterday, If you send your application by post it takes up to 4 weeks, by hand on the spot or maximum 7 working days.

cheers.

cacicu

Jul 14, 2011
sent mine out on the 12th July one day delivery enveloped....
got mine passport back 27th July via my enclosed one day delivery enveloped...

lenk_helen

Jul 24, 2011
Hi, when did you apply for your TRV, how long before the trip ? Can you do it 6 months ahead of the trip ?

wanderer

Jul 23, 2011
@lenk_helen

I don't see why not. There does not seem to be a maximum time frame.

The commissions website says to apply as early as possible and to note that you should allow up to 8 weeks for processing.

So the earlier the better. Also, in my opinion if you apply and get it approved early it allows you to plan better and it removes any last minute worry that it may be declined.

newbie14

Mar 25, 2012
processing from Ireland, assuming you don't have any quirks in the documents: 2 weeks

used DHL next day delivery on March 7th and then they mailed it back on the 19th via Royal mail and got it March 22nd

hope this helps.

khokonbd

May 18, 2012
Hey I am Bangladeshi citizen working in Sweden. I have applied for TRV application (together with my wife and son) and posted it on 14 April. According to post tracking system I came to know that Canadian embassy in London received my application in 17 of April. Till now I not received any response from them. All of our passports are sent with that application. I also mailed them in 14 April regarding the status of my application. But they denied to inform me any update saying average visa processing time was not over. Please inform me if anyone know what is going on for my case. Thanks in advance.