+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Online TRV Application timeline

KayDee2013

Nov 20, 2013
Hi All,

I would like to share my timelines and information regarding my application
Nationality: Indian
Status: Tier 1 General Migrant in UK (valid until 13 December 2017)
Online Application Date: Friday, 19 December 2013
Passport Request: Monday, 22 December 2013
Passport sent through VAC in London: Tuesday, 23 December 2013
Passport received at VAC with the visa: Wednesday, 24 December 2013
Multiple Entry Visa granted until June 2019 (Until the expiry of the passport)

The documents that I submitted online:
Completed IMM5257E - application form
Hotel Itinerary for my proposed trip in April 2015
Completed IMM5645E - family information form
Letter of explanation
Employment letter (stating that I am working on a permanent contract since 2011)
Payslips
Bank statements
Employment reference letter detailing the job that I do
Copy of all pages of passports (I have a good travel history, US/Schengen/Canadian visas and travel)
Copy of Biometric Residence Permit in the UK

The application was processed really quick, effectively in just 1 working day (even though the processing times on the website states 17 working days for London). This is possibly because I had an earlier TRV from London in October 2013 (1 year multiple visits visa). I visited Canada twice during the validity of that visa, for 10 days each. I mentioned this in my letter of explanation as well.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Trvapp

Mar 27, 2014
Hello, Please i have a few questions, if you could help me out here.

1. Your passport was received on the 23rd, when was it stamped and when did you get back?
2. Did you have to include an envelope for return?
3. Did you have to do a biometric?, if yes did you get an update email for your online profile when you did it or was the next notification after a passport request?

Please help! ild really appreciate it

KayDee2013

Nov 20, 2013
Trvapp said:
Hello, Please i have a few questions, if you could help me out here.

1. Your passport was received on the 23rd, when was it stamped and when did you get back?
I got the passport back on 24th December. I presume it was stamped on 23rd December (the day I sent it to the embassy through VFS)
2. Did you have to include an envelope for return?
No. You can no longer post your documents to the embassy. You have to send it through VFS in London, they have a surcharge for the passport submission/collection service.
3. Did you have to do a biometric?, if yes did you get an update email for your online profile when you did it or was the next notification after a passport request?
No. I did not have a biometric done as I am not a national from the list of countries that need biometrics to be done.

Please help! ild really appreciate it