+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London office

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,
Normally London office takes around 27 mnths to send docs request from your date of AOR.But after introduction of bill C-50 , I ve noticed tht things ve expediated up , n ppl r getting docs requests as early as 21 mnths from the date of AOR,in addition ppl r also getting faster approvals(and may be faster rejections as well).C-50 is really working.I hope it ll continue in future as well.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Newcomer,

From trackitt.com, it can be concluded that CIC London has asked for documents update from Jan2007 to End of January2007 applicants. It is giving the applicants about 90-120 Days to update their docs. It does look like things are moving faster, even though it claims to require 42-48 Months. I think you are right, the approval rates are getting faster and rejection rates as well.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Well Bobby, as far as I know CIC keeps reference of AOR date instead of date of application, as when one wants to know his e cas staus n clicks the message"in process",the date which appears s one s AOR date n not the application filing date.So i was tracking AOR date n nowadays London s processing May 2007 applicants.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right newcomer. I've just found out. Thank you for pointing that out to me. Looks like I am getting nearer. (LOL).
Man, I'm really fed up of waiting. I think right now what I need is a "Yes or No".

Hey BobbyB------->P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E.

Respect to people who have been waiting since 2005 and 2006. "HATS OFF"

gseek

Jun 11, 2008
BobbyB said:
Hi Newcomer,

From trackitt.com, it can be concluded that CIC London has asked for documents update from Jan2007 to End of January2007 applicants. It is giving the applicants about 90-120 Days to update their docs. It does look like things are moving faster, even though it claims to require 42-48 Months. I think you are right, the approval rates are getting faster and rejection rates as well.
Hi BobbyB, do you know why some people were given 90 days, and others given 120 days? I was given 90 days only, but had thought that everyone gets 120 days.

I applied to London CHC. AOR date is Sep 2008, and document requested in Dec 2008, with a deadline of March 2009. (I was on the list of 38, so only had to wait for a short while).

A

adnan_hsn

gseek said:
BobbyB said:
Hi Newcomer,

Hi BobbyB, do you know why some people were given 90 days, and others given 120 days? I was given 90 days only, but had thought that everyone gets 120 days.

I applied to London CHC. AOR date is Sep 2008, and document requested in Dec 2008, with a deadline of March 2009. (I was on the list of 38, so only had to wait for a short while).
I think 90 day letters were issued under the old system and you get a bit more time after the new rules have come into action.

gseek

Jun 11, 2008
adnan_hsn said:
gseek said:
BobbyB said:
Hi Newcomer,

I think 90 day letters were issued under the old system and you get a bit more time after the new rules have come into action.
But I only applied since the new rule came into action, and still only got 90 days. Seems 120 days is under the old system, and 90 days for the new applicants?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gseek, I think you are right.

Because in the older system it was a so called Simplified Application. Only one Immigration form was filled and that is all.

SKS

Dec 23, 2008
Dear All

Its 120 days under new procedure, NS gave my friend 120 days for docs submission

Thanks n regards

SKS

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well. I think this is a "Mish-Mash" info.
From what I have seen and read, I think it is up to the discretion of the CIC.
In some cases it has been 60 days, 90days, or 120days.
However, The bottom line is:

1). For those who applied b4 Feb2008: They have/had years to get all the documents ready.
2): For those who applied after Feb2008: It categorically states in EG7.pdf that you should gather all documents before applying.

In my view, if anyone is caught cold, he or she is to blame!!! Period.

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008
The thing is we dont know what is required as documents for UK citizens.
If anyone has this info please let me know.

Sean

mqadri

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
I applied for PR in Oct 2005 from london office & got ack in Dec2005. Now in Jan 09 they asked me to update forms and IELTS and gave only 60 days.