amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I will describe how my interview went then I have a question for others who had their interviews.

Interview:
The guy basically spent like 30 minutes in total:
- Asked about how I came to the UK and why. (5 minutes)
- Asked about my job, what I do, my team, projects I'm working on, etc. (25 minutes).

He checked the following documents:
- Job, I had:
- Reference letter (took a copy, I think)
- Job contract (checked it, didn't take a copy)
- Pay slips (he didn't check this)
- Language test (took a copy, I think)
- CV (took it)

As you can see, the main focus was on my job and proof of it. He was typing my answers.

Questions:
I thought that they will take my passport in the interview and return it a few weeks later with the stamp. However, he didn't take it and told me to wait for them to do some processing and then ask me for the passport later. He told me to expect them to ask for the passport in January after the Christmas and new year holidays.

My account online hasn't been updated since before the interview, it even says "interview not needed at this time" even though I've already done the interview so obviously it was needed.

So:
- Did they take your passport in the interview or told you to wait like me?
- If you were told to wait, then how long did it take them to ask for the passport?

I hope this was helpful for others in the UK (or other countries) and I hope someone can answer my two questions and share their experiences too.

Cheers,
your friend

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
amamh said:
Hi guys,

I will describe how my interview went then I have a question for others who had their interviews.

Interview:
The guy basically spent like 30 minutes in total:
- Asked about how I came to the UK and why. (5 minutes)
- Asked about my job, what I do, my team, projects I'm working on, etc. (25 minutes).

He checked the following documents:
- Job, I had:
- Reference letter (took a copy, I think)
- Job contract (checked it, didn't take a copy)
- Pay slips (he didn't check this)
- Language test (took a copy, I think)
- CV (took it)

As you can see, the main focus was on my job and proof of it. He was typing my answers.

Questions:
I thought that they will take my passport in the interview and return it a few weeks later with the stamp. However, he didn't take it and told me to wait for them to do some processing and then ask me for the passport later. He told me to expect them to ask for the passport in January after the Christmas and new year holidays.

My account online hasn't been updated since before the interview, it even says "interview not needed at this time" even though I've already done the interview so obviously it was needed.

So:
- Did they take your passport in the interview or told you to wait like me?
- If you were told to wait, then how long did it take them to ask for the passport?

I hope this was helpful for others in the UK (or other countries) and I hope someone can answer my two questions and share their experiences too.

Cheers,
your friend
Hi amamh,

Thank you for sharing this with the community. I am sure it will help a lot of people. I cannot help you with your questions as I do not know of anyone else who was called for an interview. Just out of curiosity, have you ordered your GCMS notes to see if there are any interview related notes in it??

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Didn't know about GCMS notes before. Anyways:

"""To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada."""

So, I can't do that.

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:

"""To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada."""

So, I can't do that.
You can get the GCMS notes. Somebody can apply on your behalf who is in Canada. Check below websites they will charge you bit more than the actual fee but they will get notes for you.

http://www.caips.ca

http://www.visafile.info

Thank YOu

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:

So, I can't do that.
Check this for more info. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/latest-caips-gcms-notes-forms-and-how-to-order-t99210.0.html

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alpha4906 said:
You can get the GCMS notes. Somebody can apply on your behalf who is in Canada. Check below websites they will charge you bit more than the actual fee but they will get notes for you.

http://www.caips.ca

http://www.visafile.info

Thank YOu
Thanks, man.

I will use that if they don't ask for the passport in January as he said.

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
Thanks, man.

You will get passport request soon.

Best of luck

krana85

Oct 25, 2018
Thanks, man.

Hiiii.. can u plz guide me.. how long it took for u to get passport request after interview? Im done with interview last week and no update after that.. plz plz reply

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hiiii.. can u plz guide me.. how long it took for u to get passport request after interview? Im done with interview last week and no update after that.. plz plz reply
I also didn't get passport taken right away as of now i am under security screening since feb2019. my office is london visa office but my interview was at abu dhabi visa office.

krana85

Oct 25, 2018
I also didn't get passport taken right away as of now i am under security screening since feb2019. my office is london visa office but my interview was at abu dhabi visa office.
When was ur interview done? In feb 2019? Y is that taking soo long for u? And whts ur aor?