12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Sasha_here said:
thanks a lot friends for your advices.. i got the bank letter as you suggested and i also visited the website. I got all my LOES written yesterday. I thank you all in this forum for your help.
Wat website? the bank website??

Reactions: aahaanbajaj

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
kryt0n said:
I only know English!
I blame my 8.5 score on my poor handwriting - it's been years since I had to hand write something! Nitpicking, I know, but I would have liked to have seen a perfect score.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
jamezmoran said:
IELTS isn't perfect. I'm fluent english and I only got 8 for it as well. There's a reason the score to get CLB9 is so low for the writing. The way I see it, if you're fluent in english and your grammar is perfect and you say what was asked to be said, there's no reason you shouldn't get full marks. To be honest though, I think the test is a bit of a con, especially the speaking part which requires you to essentially make up an interesting thing to talk about within 60 seconds, and if you're stuck then that's too bad. You'd expect more from a test which costs £160 to do.
I'm baffled how my very English/Cornish boyfriend only got 8.5 in speaking. He's a bit shy but clearly native!

I'm not convinced it's a way to test English, but I guess they have to standardise it somehow.

pocomonkey

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14/02/17
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13/02/17
kryt0n said:
I'm baffled how my very English/Cornish boyfriend only got 8.5 in speaking. He's a bit shy but clearly native!

I'm not convinced it's a way to test English, but I guess they have to standardise it somehow.
I got 10 (max 12) for writing in the CELPIP exam. Not only am I English, but I have a PhD in English and am a Professor of English.

At the university I teach at in the UK, some of our undergraduate students mark IELTS tests... I'm really not surprised we often seem to get skewed results!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
pocomonkey said:
I got 10 (max 12) for writing in the CELPIP exam. Not only am I English, but I have a PhD in English and am a Professor of English.

At the university I teach at in the UK, some of our undergraduate students mark IELTS tests... I'm really not surprised we often seem to get skewed results!
Well, at least we have that mythical CLB 9!

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
kryt0n said:

Sure they have to standardise it, but I honestly think they've done it in the worst possible way. At the end of the day the speaking part should be testing whether you are capable of conversing with other people, it shouldn't be about testing someone's ability to make up stories on the spot about interesting animals they saw once and forcing them to shoehorn big words into sentences because doh big word mean big skill. You know there's something wrong with the test when fluent speakers struggle to get full marks.

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamezmoran said:
Sure they have to standardise it, but I honestly think they've done it in the worst possible way. At the end of the day the speaking part should be testing whether you are capable of conversing with other people, it shouldn't be about testing someone's ability to make up stories on the spot about interesting animals they saw once and forcing them to shoehorn big words into sentences because doh big word mean big skill. You know there's something wrong with the test when fluent speakers struggle to get full marks.
Honestly speaking I am preparing for IELTS for 11th February and when i open the books first time I was shocked that how come i have to speak unnecessarily long replies ? And if native speakers are struggling with the test, What about non native speakers?

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Ascent said:
Honestly speaking I am preparing for IELTS for 11th February and when i open the books first time I was shocked that how come i have to speak unnecessarily long replies ? And if native speakers are struggling with the test, What about non native speakers?
The idea is to show that you have a large repertoire of vocabulary I think. And I when I say struggling, I am referring specifically to getting full marks 9 9 9 9. CIC take into account the difficulty of the individual sections, which is why you can get clb10 writing for 7.5 ielts.

Sasha_here

Jan 26, 2017
santocan said:
Wat website? the bank website??
no for Bank letter i had to go bank direct. Website for LOE docveri.com . I had so many problems to put in LOE and i got it done in this site for a small charge. they gave me after 1 day. very helpful. thanks to my friends.

santocan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Sasha_here said:
no for Bank letter i had to go bank direct. Website for LOE docveri.com . I had so many problems to put in LOE and i got it done in this site for a small charge. they gave me after 1 day. very helpful. thanks to my friends.
Oh this one i know Sasha.. I'm part of a few watsapp groups and most of the guys there recommended this site. This one is like that GCMS website i guess.
gaining a lot of popularity.. i hear many people talking abt this docveri.com

S

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
santocan said:
Oh this one i know Sasha.. I'm part of a few watsapp groups and most of the guys there recommended this site. This one is like that GCMS website i guess.
gaining a lot of popularity.. i hear many people talking abt this docveri.com

S
I'd be concerned they are harvesting personal information, to be honest.

santocan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
kryt0n said:
I'd be concerned they are harvesting personal information, to be honest.
Well u know wat Kryton... i personally know a few people here in this forum who act as Moderators of certain pages and groups and take so much more information from us.
a few of us in the groups have even identified from whr our information got leaked and stopped responding to those kinda people and their invitations.. A few trackers took our information.

This website i wouldnt have agreed with Sasha if i didnt quite witness it myself. But to be very honest a close friend of mine got a CIC rejection last week and then approached these docveri guys..
they did everything for her and she was able to submit her documents with detailed LOEs within just 2 or 3 days. An agent wud take longer for various other reasons and obviously even charge more.

its up to all of us to decide wats best for us. I know this site cos of a few friends in the watsapp groups and my close friend.

S

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
santocan said:
Well u know wat Kryton... i personally know a few people here in this forum who act as Moderators of certain pages and groups and take so much more information from us.
a few of us in the groups have even identified from whr our information got leaked and stopped responding to those kinda people and their invitations.. A few trackers took our information.

This website i wouldnt have agreed with Sasha if i didnt quite witness it myself. But to be very honest a close friend of mine got a CIC rejection last week and then approached these docveri guys..
they did everything for her and she was able to submit her documents with detailed LOEs within just 2 or 3 days. An agent wud take longer for various other reasons and obviously even charge more.

its up to all of us to decide wats best for us. I know this site cos of a few friends in the watsapp groups and my close friend.

S
I said I would be concerned, not that they actually do that. It's quite possible they are great, I just would be wary. Maybe suggest the docs you send have account numbers etc hidden carefully, that's all.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kryt0n said:
I said I would be concerned, not that they actually do that. It's quite possible they are great, I just would be wary. Maybe suggest the docs you send have account numbers etc hidden carefully, that's all.
Yes, I second the same.

santocan

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
Nomination.....
12-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
kryt0n said:
Well Kryton.. I agree about the acct numbers and such personal information.. How does that GCMS site work?
OK its only for people who need some more help.. and dont want to spend so much money with the agents.

S