+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LOE for all/each document(s)

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Hi folks

Is it acceptable to include a covering letter/LOE for each document that you upload? as opposed to a single LOE?

In my case, I pretty much need supporting documentation for all my work experience letters. It makes more sense to write a LOE for each individual work experience letter.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
My personal views

Include LOE only where and when it becomes a must. Sometimes it might boomerang, because you have to be very specific while you write ( sometimes it may contradict the original document) LOE and secondly writing more LOE makes them feel you are guilty.

Casperenoch

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-02-2016 (Sch A & Sch 4)
Nomination.....
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
29-11-2016
bestofluck said:
My personal views

Include LOE only where and when it becomes a must. Sometimes it might boomerang, because you have to be very specific while you write ( sometimes it may contradict the original document) LOE and secondly writing more LOE makes them feel you are guilty.
I disagree. A LOE is simply what it means: a letter clarifying circumstances surrounding your application which you feel would help in the assessment of your application.

@ OP, my opinion is you dont need to write an LOE for each document....just include all explanations that you consider necessary in one document with appropriate referencing. Ultimate responsibility for determining what is necessary to be included in your LOE lies with you. Writing an LOE i'snt a crime hence no guilt to feel.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Totally not done. writing everything in one LOE will even complicate things and end up in confusion. LOE for funds cannot be included in the LOE for education.
The reason is there might be separate Investigators for Education and legal papers. Mix and match is what you should avoid. LOE for a particular section should be attached to that section.

Casperenoch

Feb 15, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-02-2016 (Sch A & Sch 4)
Nomination.....
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
29-11-2016
bestofluck said:
Totally not done. writing everything in one LOE will even complicate things and end up in confusion. LOE for funds cannot be included in the LOE for education.
The reason is there might be separate Investigators for Education and legal papers. Mix and match is what you should avoid. LOE for a particular section should be attached to that section.
I am talking from personal experience. I did exactly what you said is a 'No No' i.e. one LOE with different issues covered including education and POFs and I did not have any problems. My belief is that it also helped my application get processed unsually fast within about 3 months as I covered every single area I felt needed explaining in that one single LOE.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Casperenoch said:
I am talking from personal experience. I did exactly what you said is a 'No No' i.e. one LOE with different issues covered including education and POFs and I did not have any problems. My belief is that it also helped my application get processed unsually fast within about 3 months as I covered every single area I felt needed explaining in that one single LOE.
thats fine. thanks

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Is it really that insane to include a covering letter for your work experience letters?

To provide more context, my official work experience letter does not include job description and number of hours per week. So I obtained a notarized personal letter from my manager with those details. Additionally, I am including payslips.

Instead of having the Immigration officer go treasure hunting for the relevant piece of information, a covering letter would clarify which piece of information is found where. This seems like common sense.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
deadbird said:
Is it really that insane to include a covering letter for your work experience letters?

To provide more context, my official work experience letter does not include job description and number of hours per week. So I obtained a notarized personal letter from my manager with those details. Additionally, I am including payslips.

Instead of having the Immigration officer go treasure hunting for the relevant piece of information, a covering letter would clarify which piece of information is found where. This seems like common sense.
okay go ahead with your common sense. good luck

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with explaining everything that needs to be clarified. I sent a 26 side of A4 long LOE, all scanned into one file with my application, and I also raised a CSE and submitted another 6 page LOE two days after I received AOR. I didn't go overboard, just clarified anything where there might be even the tiniest amount of doubt. As a previous poster said, I think it helped speed up our processing, we got PPR just over three weeks after AOR.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
arcticbeans said:
I agree with explaining everything that needs to be clarified. I sent a 26 side of A4 long LOE, all scanned into one file with my application, and I also raised a CSE and submitted another 6 page LOE two days after I received AOR. I didn't go overboard, just clarified anything where there might be even the tiniest amount of doubt. As a previous poster said, I think it helped speed up our processing, we got PPR just over three weeks after AOR.
@arcticbeans That's very reassuring. What are your thoughts about having one giant LOE (as you did) vs a covering letter for each of the document categories uploaded ?

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@deadbird, well I'm no expert but I thought it made sense to have all the explanations in one place, so that if the officer processing our file had any queries at all the knew exactly where to look rather than having the explanations interspersed and potentially having to hunt for them. I also felt that it showed organisation, planning and thoughtfulness in that we were trying to make it as easy as possible for them to process the file and find the information they need. At least that's how I would feel if I were the officer processing the file.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
arcticbeans said:
@deadbird, well I'm no expert but I thought it made sense to have all the explanations in one place, so that if the officer processing our file had any queries at all the knew exactly where to look rather than having the explanations interspersed and potentially having to hunt for them. I also felt that it showed organisation, planning and thoughtfulness in that we were trying to make it as easy as possible for them to process the file and find the information they need. At least that's how I would feel if I were the officer processing the file.
I agree with you.

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I should also add that I put our mammoth LOE in the upload spot for the LOE section, but I don't think it makes a huge amount of different if you include them for each section. Regardless, I thought including an explanation wherever one may be needed was a better option than just hoping for the best, but I am a belt and braces sort of person!

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
one letter for all organized into sections is fine

dsthapak

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
So in the proof of funds section there will be 1 loe..
I am putting an affidavit as well for the name difference in my education documents and passport do I need to write an loe..that will be my 2nd loe