+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Locked IRCC Account and inability to renew Student Study Permit

Bhande

Dec 17, 2023
Dear Sir,

I am studying Engineering in the University of Saint Mary's University in Halifax - Nova Scotia since 2019 under a study permit.

I am writing this post regarding the issues that I have encountered during the renewal process of my student permit and to seek your guidance in resolving my current situation, involving a locked IRCC account and the rejection of my Student Permit extension application. My student permit was valid until 30th March 2023.

On May 23, 2023, I submitted my application for the renewal of my student permit through the IRCC website. Unfortunately, on June 23, 2023, when attempting to check the status of my application, I encountered difficulties accessing the IRCC website due to technical glitches, resulting in the unfortunate situation of being locked out of my IRCC account.

Addressing this concern promptly, I contacted the IRCC helpline the following day. The call agent advised me to link the application to a new account, as unlocking the existing account was not feasible. Despite numerous attempts ( more than 40 times ) to get in touch with the IRCC agent, I was unable to get in touch with the agents with ease. Additionally, whenever I was successful in getting in touch despite assurances from IRCC agents that I would receive the updates, I never received updates via email.

On July 31, I received a call indicating that I needed to complete my biometrics by August 2, with instructions sent to my locked IRCC account. Unfortunately, I couldn't access the account. Despite promptly scheduling biometrics at Service Canada on August 14 and uploading the receipt via webform, I faced persistent challenges in reaching the IRCC agent for updates.

It was only on November 9 that I learned my application had been rejected through an email. After insisting on a solution, the agent mentioned the possibility of a reconsideration request but, as of today, I have not received any further updates.

I am reaching out to seek your advice and assistance in navigating this complex situation. Your guidance on unlocking my IRCC account, the status of my reconsideration request, and any steps I should take moving forward would be greatly appreciated. I am now totally stuck in with this situation

Thank you for your time and consideration. I eagerly await your response.

Best regards,

Bhande

Dec 17, 2023
Hi

Any one can help me please... i am badly stuck with this situation mentioned above..

Best regards.