+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Loan as Strong ties on home country

Ladyah

Apr 24, 2018
Philipppines
I'm 23 yo from Manila Philippines. Online application. Just newly employed last Feb 2019, 3rd job. Plan to submit online application on Sept 2019.

Aside from getting an approved leave and Employment letter from my Employer (fortunately at a very short service on the company )

Is it okay to provide info that I have a government salary loan. That it "may" reflect on my bank statement if I choose to encash the loan check direct deposit on my account, so I will tell the story of my loan debited on my bank acct, so they will not question further. Is it a positive moved or negative effect on my strong ties???

Should I tell I have loan or not... It is equivalent to almost my one month salary.

Thank you.

sorigan

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
For me (Judging by experiences at the US embassy) you need something like a Landed property (In your name) , Married and have dependants, small business (Show proof like registered business name , tax clearance etc) website of the business etc , this should serve as strong ties to home. Loan is no strong proof, they may see it you might run away if you do not have funds to pay back at some point. Philippines is in the same cadre as Nigeria. my 2 cents

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
I'm 23 yo from Manila Philippines. Online application. Just newly employed last Feb 2019, 3rd job. Plan to submit online application on Sept 2019.

Aside from getting an approved leave and Employment letter from my Employer (fortunately at a very short service on the company )

Is it okay to provide info that I have a government salary loan. That it "may" reflect on my bank statement if I choose to encash the loan check direct deposit on my account, so I will tell the story of my loan debited on my bank acct, so they will not question further. Is it a positive moved or negative effect on my strong ties???

Should I tell I have loan or not... It is equivalent to almost my one month salary.

Thank you.
One of the basic requirement to get a TRV is that you can convince a visa officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country.

Below are the things that the Visa Officer might see as an issue.
1. You are new in your job, not even a year in it. If your salary is low they might say that there in no Employment opportunity in your country.
2. I'm sure you are still Single which is another red flag. A red flag because SIngle people don't have dependents.
3. If you read this forum frequently, applicants would say that they have Fixed Deposits (like Time Deposit, money you cannot spend for a period) and the Guru says that it is still not considered as an asset. What more for a loan? It might work against you. The reason the visa officer asks for 4-6 months statement is to see your cash flow. Because they need proof that you are financially capable to travel. A common mistake is like declaring you have money to burn for the travel, but afterwards your savings is gone. Example like only having $5,000 CAD where in fact a ticket can cost up to more than $1,000 CAD.

sorigan

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
One of the basic requirement to get a TRV is that you can convince a visa officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country.

Below are the things that the Visa Officer might see as an issue.
1. You are new in your job, not even a year in it. If your salary is low they might say that there in no Employment opportunity in your country.
2. I'm sure you are still Single which is another red flag. A red flag because SIngle people don't have dependents.
3. If you read this forum frequently, applicants would say that they have Fixed Deposits (like Time Deposit, money you cannot spend for a period) and the Guru says that it is still not considered as an asset. What more for a loan? It might work against you. The reason the visa officer asks for 4-6 months statement is to see your cash flow. Because they need proof that you are financially capable to travel. A common mistake is like declaring you have money to burn for the travel, but afterwards your savings is gone. Example like only having $5,000 CAD where in fact a ticket can cost up to more than $1,000 CAD.

should I have the following and i am applying for a Tourist visa
- Married (Arranging for Nuptial ties sooner.)
- I have a salary job (This one is full time) I get paid on a salary basis and i also have a small business registered in my name as well (I have the certificate of incoporation)
- My current small business money is paid into my second bank account

Now what i am planning on doing is , producing payslips and bank statements for the bank payments and also Letter for Leave approval and then the certificate of incorporation from the government

Can i stand a better chance here at this point?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
should I have the following and i am applying for a Tourist visa
- Married (Arranging for Nuptial ties sooner.)
- I have a salary job (This one is full time) I get paid on a salary basis and i also have a small business registered in my name as well (I have the certificate of incoporation)
- My current small business money is paid into my second bank account

Now what i am planning on doing is , producing payslips and bank statements for the bank payments and also Letter for Leave approval and then the certificate of incorporation from the government

Can i stand a better chance here at this point?
Just produce as much document as you can. For employment certificate indicate you Position, Joined Date,Salary, Approved Date of Leave.

sorigan

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Just produce as much document as you can. For employment certificate indicate you Position, Joined Date,Salary, Approved Date of Leave.

Thanks now i do have this Challenge , i have no travel history but with those documents, you think i stand a better chance?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Thanks now i do have this Challenge , i have no travel history but with those documents, you think i stand a better chance?
For the purpose, its kind of hard to say that you are going to Canada for Tourism if you haven't stepped out of your country. Hard to fathom as well that of all places to go to you decided to go to where it is hard to get a visa. Travel history is just a way to prove that the applicant is a legit Tourist. Also proves that the traveler is financially capable to travel and haven’t overstayed in any country that he/she visited.

If you read this forum, there are cases that some got their visa approved even without any travel history. The key is their purpose, their ties and their financial capability.

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
I got money by giving my house and it's land to the bank for a loan and got money to show proof of fund .
Should I also show this loan details document to the visa officer that I have this property in my country despite it is currently under the bank?
Kindly advice