+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO will expire on june 1 2010

arvic81

Mar 22, 2010
to job seeker and PMM hi there! last april april 14 my medical results was delivered to London as per the instuctions of CIC abu dhabi, yesterday i send my original police clearance from Bahrain and my orig.NBI clearance to CIC in abu dhabi,do i still have time because my LMO will expire on the first day of june..? also if i get lucky how will i receive my visa?? because my passport is in the possession of my employer here?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
arvic81 said:
to job seeker and PMM hi there! last april april 14 my medical results was delivered to London as per the instuctions of CIC abu dhabi, yesterday i send my original police clearance from Bahrain and my orig.NBI clearance to CIC in abu dhabi,do i still have time because my LMO will expire on the first day of june..? also if i get lucky how will i receive my visa?? because my passport is in the possession of my employer here?
If you have sent your application package then you don't have to worry about your LMO expiring June 1.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/questions-answers/QA6Month.shtml#Q01
The LMO expiry date is the date by which a foreign worker must have applied for a work permit. If a worker has not applied by that date, the LMO is no longer valid and the employer must apply for a new LMO, if he/she still wishes to hire a foreign worker.

You have to get your passport from your employer and send it to the visa office for stamping once your application is positive (once you receive the passport request letter).

arvic81

Mar 22, 2010
to job seeker-----

as far as i know i submitted all the requirements for the issuance of my work visa,, im worried that all my hard times in processing everything will be dumped because my LMO will expired soon..is it true that i cannot enter canada after my LMO expires?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
arvic81 said:
to job seeker-----

as far as i know i submitted all the requirements for the issuance of my work visa,, im worried that all my hard times in processing everything will be dumped because my LMO will expired soon..is it true that i cannot enter canada after my LMO expires?
No not true. I posted HRSDC FAQ on the matter. You have submitted your application and the LMO has been submitted:

The LMO expiry date is the date by which a foreign worker must have applied for a work permit. If a worker has not applied by that date, the LMO is no longer valid and the employer must apply for a new LMO, if he/she still wishes to hire a foreign worker.

So as far as the LMO is concerned, you're okay. Hopefully your WP application goes without a hitch. Borrow your passport when you receive the letter requesting for your passport. I thought it is illegal for employers to keep an employee's passport. Anyway, all the best on your application.

arvic81

Mar 22, 2010
Re: LMO will expire on june 1 2010 -to job seeker

thanks a lot!!! it really helps! because somebody told me that i have to arrive in Canada before my LMO expires...that's why im really worried! :-[

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Re: LMO will expire on june 1 2010 -to job seeker

arvic81 said:
thanks a lot!!! it really helps! because somebody told me that i have to arrive in Canada before my LMO expires...that's why im really worried! :-[
I think that used to be the case. But HRSDC changed the duration of the LMO in May last year, so now when they issue the WP it depends upon the length of time stipulated on the job offer/contract.