+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO unlikely to be approved, as per company immigration consultant??

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
Hi all,

I'm very worried as I heard this news today from my company's immigration consultant.

My situation is that I currently have a PGWP expiring by the end of May, 2012, my company is helping me to apply AINP and LMO at the same time. There is no problem for the AINP but my company said the chance of a LMO approval is small but we are still going to give it a shot. I'm working for a fairly large public traded company as a Project Accountant for 6 month already and my company is using an outside consultant to help me with the application.

I'm very confused as why the consultant is saying that and is there anything I can do (e.g. hiring my own lawyer to help me with the LMO)??

Thanks so much for everyone's input!! I'm very worried...

Jay

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yjcool1 said:
Hi all,

I'm very worried as I heard this news today from my company's immigration consultant.

My situation is that I currently have a PGWP expiring by the end of May, 2012, my company is helping me to apply AINP and LMO at the same time. There is no problem for the AINP but my company said the chance of a LMO approval is small but we are still going to give it a shot. I'm working for a fairly large public traded company as a Project Accountant for 6 month already and my company is using an outside consultant to help me with the application.

I'm very confused as why the consultant is saying that and is there anything I can do (e.g. hiring my own lawyer to help me with the LMO)??

Jay
That particular consultant doesn't know what they are talking about. The LMO will be approved if the employer is employing you in a skilled position and your are on a PGWP that is expiring. Your employer also does not need to do any advertising. Tell your company to hire a better consultant.

yjcool1

Feb 24, 2012
rjessome said:
That particular consultant doesn't know what they are talking about. The LMO will be approved if the employer is employing you in a skilled position and your are on a PGWP that is expiring. Your employer also does not need to do any advertising. Tell your company to hire a better consultant.
Thanks so much rjessome for your input. It is a bit of relief of knowing that. Haha, I'll ask my HR manager to hire a better one instead!!

They are filling out the LMO and AINP application for me at this moment and I'll update here as whether the LMO will be approved or not.

Regards
Jay

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yjcool1 said:
Thanks so much rjessome for your input. It is a bit of relief of knowing that. Haha, I'll ask my HR manager to hire a better one instead!!

They are filling out the LMO and AINP application for me at this moment and I'll update here as whether the LMO will be approved or not.

Regards
Jay
You're welcome Jay. Not all of us are idiots but sadly, some consultants are. :p

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
did you LMO got approved?

yjcool1 said:
Hi all,

Jay