+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO under Live-in Caregiver Program

Puddee

Apr 1, 2014
Hi everyone...I am new to this forum so I'm not sure where to post this question...

I have 6 year old and 8 year old. How many times can I sponsor a live-in caregiver? Here is the situation...I applied for LMO under the Live-in Caregiver program, received positive LMO and gave it to our chosen caregiver in Norway in order for her to apply for a work permit. She has applied for her work permit but is just waiting for approval.

After her 2 years of employment she can apply for her PR and her open work permit at the same time. After which she obtains her open work permit, she will be released from my employment. I want to sponsor another live in caregiver. Since it takes so long for whole process, will I be able to start applying for new LMO before she is officially released from employment (say 3 months before end of employment) or do I have to wait until she is fully released. Will I even able to apply for another LMO?? Am I able to sponsor another one??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all :)

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
We are in this exact situation. Our current nanny is approaching her two-year mark with us (as of May 2014). We just applied for an LMO for a new nanny from Hong Kong. We had no issue getting the LMO - it took less than a month, and they did not ask any questions. The annex to the employment contract we submitted disclosed that we have a nanny currently living in our home (the standard form of employment contract requires you to disclose every person living in your house). I just stated in the annex that our current nanny will soon have an OWP and so we are needing a new nanny.

I was worried this would delay or complicate our LMO application, but it didn't. They received our LMO application March 10 and issued the LMO March 21.

northyork_beaver

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi lucybear05, I would like to proccess a new LMO to get a new nanny for my son. I wanna make sure I'm gonna get a replacement before my current nanny will leave us on Dec 2014. Should I ask for new BN# or should I use the existing one? Should I start to do the advertisement on local newspaper then follow to jobbank.ca? Thanks :)

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
northyork_beaver said:
Hi lucybear05, I would like to proccess a new LMO to get a new nanny for my son. I wanna make sure I'm gonna get a replacement before my current nanny will leave us on Dec 2014. Should I ask for new BN# or should I use the existing one? Should I start to do the advertisement on local newspaper then follow to jobbank.ca? Thanks :)
I used the same business number, etc. from my previous LMO application. I started with the advertising on the job bank and also advertised on kijiji as well. When the required advertising period had passed, I completed the application and sent it in along with the other required documents (employment contract, long form birth certificates for each of my children, etc.). It was very straightforward. Good luck!

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
Hhi to everyone

Its our 1st time to.apply for foreign live in caregiver from the Philippines.. so hope.you could help us in sharing your experiences

I noticed under the LIC contract employees signature is at the bottom.part, so does this mean that we need to send the form to the philippines or can we just leave it blank??

How may paid sick leave days per year??
And also the number of health breaks??

Thanks im advance

lucybear05

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
Our employment contract was not signed by the nanny when we sent in our application for an LMO.

As to sick leave and health breaks, I would ensure you would at least be compliant with employment standards legislation in whatever province you live in. Where I live, you are not required to provide paid sick leave, but our employment contract provides for up to 3 paid days per year (the rest would be unpaid). We added some paid breaks for lunch and 20 minute health breaks as well...

ForeverNewbie

Apr 2, 2014
Hi, are the nannies required to have a degree in Care Giving? And do they need language exams as well? A friend of mine wants to hire someone who has 3 years experience in child care but doesn't have care giver license and can speak basic English.

She wants to file for an LMO but not sure about this one.

Thanks in advance!

denyelay

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC 6474
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
Med's Request
29-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-09-2014
Passport Req..
21-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2014
ForeverNewbie said:
Hi, are the nannies required to have a degree in Care Giving? And do they need language exams as well? A friend of mine wants to hire someone who has 3 years experience in child care but doesn't have care giver license and can speak basic English.

She wants to file for an LMO but not sure about this one.

Thanks in advance!
Not necessarily a degree, she has at least 1 year paid experience as Caregiver. Her education must equivalent to secondary education of Canada. Speak test depends on the country where she is but here in HK no need.

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
do you know of anyone requiring a caregiver for the elderly?

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
How about for nursing graduate, no experience do they need certificate??

denyelay

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC 6474
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
Med's Request
29-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-09-2014
Passport Req..
21-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2014
KMAEP said:
How about for nursing graduate, no experience do they need certificate??
Even a nursing graduate, visa officers are very particular in professional experience and a lot of trainings. If she has no experience think before apply.

jancath410

Aug 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are completing the application form for LMO while waiting for the Advertisements to go over the 14 days required. Any advice?

Kiena

Apr 11, 2014
Hi,i just want to ask, is the immigration particular with OJT hours? I am waiting for my LMO, im a caregiver graduate but no work experience yet. THanks