N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
15-Jul-2014 rainbow bridge
Hi,

Will there be issues of concern to be raised if the salary rate indicated on the labor market opinion(LMO)
is slightly higher than the salary rate indicated on the contract?

Thanks.

rundung

Dec 4, 2012
I would bring that up with the prospective employer. I dont think it to be a deal breaker but it would definitely give you a heads up regarding the kind of people you will be working for.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dizon09 said:
Hi,

Will there be issues of concern to be raised if the salary rate indicated on the labor market opinion(LMO)
is slightly higher than the salary rate indicated on the contract?

Thanks.
Do you mean your employer indicated a higher rate of pay on the LMO application (which was confirmed on the LMO decision) as compared to what he's actually paying you? Yes, this is a big problem if HRSDC/Service Canada happen to do an audit on him and find out. The rate indicated on the LMO must be the same as what's actually paid to you.

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
Thank you very much guys. Sorry for the late reply. Our HR corrected the mistake and followed what is stated on my LMO. It was really a big relief. Take note, contract & LMO should be consistent with each other. Thanks guys.

Now, onwards to my PR application.

Jul 8, 2014
Hello.

I have a similar issue with Employer-LMO-permit to work.

I work on the installation/well intervention vessel currently in Canada offshore St.Jones
My Employer stated on the contract is different than stated on LMO with much lower salary for the period that installation/vessel will be operating on Canadian territorial waters.
Employer stated on LMO is our Client who is renting the vessel/installation but we are (the crew) not hired directly by the Client.
Under this LMO conditions we have received our permits to work in Canada.

We have asked our HR to explain which salary coresponds to our situation but they said that figures given on the LMO are only for Canadian Emigration, coresponds to Canadians who would seek the job for temporary position and that this salary/day rate includes our transport to Canada, relevant trainings and "neccessary paperwork" . However LMO indicates that wage/day rate stated is for our service onboard only.

What is true? Who is responsible for our contract and which salary have to be paid? The one on our contracts or the one on our LMO with our personal and Client details?
To whom can we turn to if the employer or client refuse to pay LMO stated salary?
What consequencess can be if we demand that LMO is to be followed as we signed LMO and that any false statement given on it is a serious law offence?

Many thanks in advance.

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
stefanstefanoski said:
Hello.

I have a similar issue with Employer-LMO-permit to work.

I work on the installation/well intervention vessel currently in Canada offshore St.Jones
My Employer stated on the contract is different than stated on LMO with much lower salary for the period that installation/vessel will be operating on Canadian territorial waters.
Employer stated on LMO is our Client who is renting the vessel/installation but we are (the crew) not hired directly by the Client.
Under this LMO conditions we have received our permits to work in Canada.

We have asked our HR to explain which salary coresponds to our situation but they said that figures given on the LMO are only for Canadian Emigration, coresponds to Canadians who would seek the job for temporary position and that this salary/day rate includes our transport to Canada, relevant trainings and "neccessary paperwork" . However LMO indicates that wage/day rate stated is for our service onboard only.

What is true? Who is responsible for our contract and which salary have to be paid? The one on our contracts or the one on our LMO with our personal and Client details?
To whom can we turn to if the employer or client refuse to pay LMO stated salary?
What consequencess can be if we demand that LMO is to be followed as we signed LMO and that any false statement given on it is a serious law offence?

Many thanks in advance.
Please refer to above quote from amira_mais.

Jul 8, 2014
Thank you for your answer-I read all above before I submitted a post but thought maybe situation is different for seafarers/rig workers.

Could you please advise who to turn to if the employer refuse to pay?

Thank you again.