+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO RULES BROKEN!!! Please read! All advice welcome

englishinsask

Sep 19, 2013
So I got my Lmo approved last september 2012 And moved to canada (sask) my LMO and job offer stated I would be paid $15 an hour but I'm only receiving $12 and have done ever since I started working for this company, it also states on my lmo/job offer also states the company should have paid for my flights to canada from England but they told me I had to pay myself. It also says they have to provide me with health insurance.. Which I did get after a year but I pay for it out of my pay check.. I was also promised 40hr per week but they send me home early every day. I'm planning on returning back to the uk once my work permit is up! Theyve told me the customers love me and I do an awesome job but they treat me so unfairly and harassed me all the time. I've also been told that If I make any complains regarding my 'broken' contract they would fire me and get me deported.. And that I should just suck it up! Do I call the labour board and tell them what's going on? Or do I just 'suck it up'?? I'm not ready to leave yet as I love life here in Canada apart from my job that is! Where do I stand? Has anyone else been in this position? Would talking to the labour board get me anywhere?? Would I get back all the money I've lost out on?? Please help :(

vis1

Jul 29, 2012
You need to answer a few questions, and do so not through this forum.

1. Independently of your temporary worker status in Canada, how much you can expect from your provincial employment standards organization? I don't know for sure, but I think there's a good chance that contacting them will be helpful. Try and see what people say about them in general, but remember that would still be rumors. Maybe they're really good about going after employers, maybe they don't do much.

2. What happens to your status in Canada if you get fired? Do you have to get on a plane in a week, or maybe you can stay and look for a new employer for a long time? Obviously you can't trust anything your employer says. Look on the CIC website for information specific to your situation.

Apparently I'm not allowed to post links for whatever reason. You'll have to add the dots where needed.

www cic gc ca/english/work/labour-standards.asp
www cic gc ca/english/work/tfw-rights.asp