+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO rejected

Endura

Nov 7, 2013
The employer is advertising from mid-december non-stop

First LMO application was denied because .....
We don’t understand why the last application, when denied, was blamed on us missing a day of advertising, and there was no mention at all about this “trade” issue.

The owner of the company is not happy about this call,but for now the rule stand.No foreign imports

Y16v the employer is from Manitoba

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Endura said:

The owner of the company is not happy about this call,but for now the rule stand.No foreign imports

If I had the authority, I'd give a serious talking to whoever rejected your application over a single missing day of advertising. One of my recently rejected LMOs was missing an entire month of advertising on Job Bank while in the process of waiting for the LMO. However, the employer told me that wasn't the reason why they rejected it and that they were completely satisfied with advertising. It was a completely different reason for rejection. But then again, my employer advertised in a lot of places and I found 5 of the job ads online in different places (there could probably be more than this). That's probably why they overlooked the main Job Bank ad being down.

I guess that the Service Canada agent who reviewed your file wasn't as lenient as the one who got my employer's (with respect to advertising anyway).

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Endura said:

Oh, I get it now. Was this missing day before or after your employer submitted the LMO application? If it was a missing day out of the 4-week pre-application period, then yes they'll reject it. On the other hand, my employer's missing month on Job Bank occurred while they were waiting for the LMO outcome after submitting the application.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Endura said:
After,during 3 months of the LMO assessment
I guess this implies that LMO decisions are somewhat based on the mood of whoever makes final decisions on applications. But again, my employer advertised in a lot of other places (more places than my other potential jobs did), hence them overlooking a missing month.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Endura said:

Why was the LMO application rejected the second time? It seems like I'm now in the exact same position as you. My job is in Saskatchewan and I'm still waiting on an LMO. Based on my understanding, all Saskatchewan and Manitoba LMO applications are handled by the exact same people:

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/scc.shtml#s

My NOC is also in the D matrix just like yours and I'm on my 13th week waiting. I really hope I get a positive LMO before the end of the 14th week. I noticed that both of your LMO applications took 14 weeks, so I should probably be hearing a decision soon.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Y16v said:
And something else . We have already apply since November 2013 , with the new rules about lmo service canada includes also our applications ?
It's a brand new week. Did you get it yet?

Sask9

Mar 18, 2014
Check out the Macdonalds scandal there are a lot of
unemployed or unfairly treated Canadians by Employers.
Many are abusing the Temporary Foreign worker system.
More and More Canadians are complaining as there are
1.2 million unemployed Canadians which is high compared to
historical standards. Even the Prime Minister admitted abuse
of system. They probably are trying now to reduce or delay these
applications. Me for one is unemployed and would love any job but
I find everyone wants experience even for an $11 an hour job where
20 years ago they hired you and trained you. Those days are gone
no employer wants to pay or train, so the government just brings in more
workers. Thus the High unemployment rate. Youth unemployment is in
the teens and they are educated, what a waste of talent, this country should be ashamed of its self.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Not trying to hurt your sentiments at all, but unfortunately there are still many jobs in Canada for qualified people - which are no where to be found.

The way i have seen situation in one or two of the provinces i.e. government too much interested in protecting languages, rather than jobs, economy and well being of the society - this is only going to grow.

It is true that temp worker programs are abused, but the government has already made them weird enough in many ways that often the time frames do not let genuinely needy employers and applicants through.

However, the part that i fail to understand is, the above (skill shortage) might be true for specialized jobs. But how come that cover waiters, receptionists, food counter attendants, cooks and the list goes on....

No disgrace intended to those professions, but my understanding is that the twp program is meant to get people of skills, that are not available in Canada or at least are really short in terms of supply vs demand. It is a little hard to digest that is the case with above type of professions.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They better not hold up LMOs because of this McDonald's scandal. I see that business names have been added to a public government blacklist and the LMOs for those businesses were either suspended or revoked. Isn't that enough already. There's no need to hold LMOs hostage from people who need them right now. I'm set to get mine hopefully in the next two weeks or so, and I don't need my LMO getting delayed.