+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO rejected, what are my options?

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My employer has received a call from Service Canada on Friday that my LMO (NOC 4163) has been rejected due to what they said "many Canadians can fill the job". I was on implied status and have applied a paper work permit application in late April but have not heard from CIC yet.

I have already stopped working, but I would like to know what the next steps I can do.

Should I wait until CIC to decline my WP and restore the status as visitor? Can I give up the application now and switch to visitor so that I can avoid the restoration fee? or Can I cross the border now and go travelling and come back as a visitor?

PS: my employer is not re-applying for LMO but will wait for me until I get my PR via CEC.

Thanks a lot!

coldplay

Mar 5, 2014
928029 said:
Hi,

My employer has received a call from Service Canada on Friday that my LMO (NOC 4163) has been rejected due to what they said "many Canadians can fill the job". I was on implied status and have applied a paper work permit application in late April but have not heard from CIC yet.

I have already stopped working, but I would like to know what the next steps I can do.

Should I wait until CIC to decline my WP and restore the status as visitor? Can I give up the application now and switch to visitor so that I can avoid the restoration fee? or Can I cross the border now and go travelling and come back as a visitor?

PS: my employer is not re-applying for LMO but will wait for me until I get my PR via CEC.

Thanks a lot!
why didn't you apply for bridge extension on your working permit ? (assuming you already received a file number on your cec application).

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
928029 said:
Hi,

Thanks a lot!
Sorry to hear that. I don't have answer for your question. But I have couple of questions in my mind.
1. I hear this reason "Many Canadians can fill this job" for lmo rejection for the first time. Is this common reason or due to the tfw scrutiny, this reason was given by service Canada?

2. when was your lmo applied by your employer?

I really wish you get the permit to work in Canada overcoming this hurdle..

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coldplay said:
why didn't you apply for bridge extension on your working permit ? (assuming you already received a file number on your cec application).
Unfortunately that wasn't an option, I only managed to send out the application last week.

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
Sorry to hear that. I don't have answer for your question. But I have couple of questions in my mind.
1. I hear this reason "Many Canadians can fill this job" for lmo rejection for the first time. Is this common reason or due to the tfw scrutiny, this reason was given by service Canada?

2. when was your lmo applied by your employer?

I really wish you get the permit to work in Canada overcoming this hurdle..
1. According to what my boss said, they seem to make a decision based on whether they think it's "reasonable" to have a foreign worker, but not your recruitment efforts or specific job requirement. Not sure about other NOC, but this is what they think about 4163.

2. the application was made in late March. (yes, after the mcDonald's scandal)