+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO refused, appeal possible?

xylver

Jun 24, 2009
The LMO request of the company desiring to hire me in Northern BC was denied. When the company go through appeal process to satisfy HRSDC's requirements, is it still possible to get a positive LMO? If so, how long does it usually take?

Thanks,
xylver

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tell them to apply for an AEO and use it to apply for your PR through BC PNP or use it to apply for FSW. That way, you'll come in with a PR and you can work for this employer or any other employer too.

xylver

Jun 24, 2009
Thanks Leon.

Actually my employer was suggesting to just apply as an FSW. Bust since they have appealed for the LMO i told them to just wait for the LMO appeal result then apply for FSW program if it fails. Did I make a right decision? :( also, I wanna ask which one is easier PNP or FSW?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you qualify to apply for FSW right away, you can do that. I can't really say which is easier. You may need less documents for PNP maybe but then again, you have to be approved by the PNP first and then by CIC also while FSW, you just go through CIC so it may be a hair faster. You would need an AEO to apply through PNP. For FSW, if you fit category 1 or 3, you don't need an AEO.

xylver

Jun 24, 2009
Thanks for the quick answer Leon.

More questions, does CIC really require proof of funds? I saw in the requirements I need almost CA$11000 for the principal applicant.

If I apply for FSW category 2, will it hasten and strengthen my application?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have arranged employment (AEO) you will not need to show funds.