+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO processing times in BC, occupations in IT

monsavile

Feb 25, 2014
This is topic only for people who wait for LMO in British Columbia and whose occupation is in IT.

Please show you stats, even if you already got LMO.

My stats:

NOC: 2174
Applied: Nov 14, 2013 (into 16th week)
Additional documents asked on: Feb 19, 2014 (one week ago)

Most of people write that they receive documents on 16th week, so looks like I'm close to this event.

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm noc 2173 and I'm into the 26th week.

My employer told me that we may get a result this week or the next.

Service Canada started asking questions and requesting documents a few weeks ago.

monsavile

Feb 25, 2014
tiagodj, do you want reasons why it took so long time (26 weeks)? most of people talk that they got LMO around 16th week.

Do you know what type of additional documents Service Canada asked your employer to provide?

We on the 16th week and one week ago Service Canada asked my employer to provide copies of job advertising to support recruiting efforts and some corporate details.

You said they asked to provide additional documents few weeks ago. How much weeks ago? What type of documents did they ask? Did they said that they issue LMO soon? Why your employer understood that LMO will be issued this week or the next?

Please ask these questioins in details, because it's really important thing for me.

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, I don't know more details. My employer does not disclose every bit of information.

But I can say that it's a big companies with several other approved LMOs, so the documents are not regarding the company itself. It's probably related to the job offer and the employee.

There was an employee who had his LMO refused due to lack of experience.

I think I am waiting for so long because the company applied for several LMOs at once, so when they get the result, they get all at once too. I've seen that happening before.

I applied for Vancouver, BC.

can_res

Feb 7, 2014
Hi
My LMO was not in BC, but in Ontario. it was filed in Nov 3rd week and last week Service canada requested for additional documentation. Still waiting on the result. so I am also in and around 16th week and waiting on LMO decision in ON

Thanks

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiagodj said:
I'm noc 2173 and I'm into the 26th week.

My employer told me that we may get a result this week or the next.

Service Canada started asking questions and requesting documents a few weeks ago.
OK, it's been a week since you posted that. This is the next week that you mentioned. Have you gotten it yet? Please say yes because there has been enough time for you to get 2 LMOs if your application took 12 -14 weeks like the apparent average seems to be. So much for 6 months being the maximum amount of time you can wait for an LMO after applying.

Maxxam

Nov 8, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2014
Same here
Applied 27th Of August, same employer as tiagodj. Still waiting, seems to be an exceptional case though.

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
I am not in BC but in Alberta, NOC 2173,I got my LMO last Friday with about 12 weeks of processing

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maxxam said:
Same here
Applied 27th Of August, same employer as tiagodj. Still waiting, seems to be an exceptional case though.
So, did you get it yet? There are only 2 business days left before the 28 week deadline. If you don't have it by that time, then Service Canada will have reached an all-time low level of efficiency. I'm going to be miffed enough for the three of us if this ends in a rejection.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Hi Guys,

Anyone who got the LMO under NOC 2174 recently (or LMO under process), BC province plz share here.

My spouse LMO procesing is into 8th week.
Province - BC

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Just entered 9th week of LMO processing
NOC : 2174
Province : BC

Anyone out there waiting or got their LMO recently, please share!!! :'( :'( :'(

pkefal

Jan 26, 2014
I'm on my 18th week (Friday is my full week) on 2173, BC as well. It should be close (any day) according to my employer but they are not sure either.

So you definitely have some more waiting..

Panos

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
pkefal said:
I'm on my 18th week (Friday is my full week) on 2173, BC as well. It should be close (any day) according to my employer but they are not sure either.

So you definitely have some more waiting..

Panos
I am prepared to wait :) :) . Please do share if you get result in the coming days.

pkefal

Jan 26, 2014
Unfortunately, nothing yet.. 18 full weeks passed, entering 19th.

We're, my employer and I, literally waiting day to day to get an answer.