+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Processing time

MAUGHAN

Oct 18, 2012
Hey

My partner and I have both had our LMO applications sent off 7 weeks ago and we still haven't received any information.
We have both worked for the same employers for the last 6 months and had to return to England due to visa expiry, our work permits are ready to send but we have been told when we get the LMO number we can go to the border and get an instant work permit, is this true?

How long does an LMO take to be processed in British Columbia?

Major panic on as we fly back to Canada on the 7th of November with no work permit and no LMO (as of yet). Plus all our belongings are over there aswell.

Please could someone shed some light? :'( :mad: :'( :(

Thanks

bridgesmj

Sep 9, 2012
Hi,

I'm no expert but my understanding is that an LMO can take at least 12 weeks to process, assuming that everything is straight forward.

Once you have the LMO, as UK citizens you can apply at the border for your work permits, assuming you have all of the correct documents.

This is relevant, as you report that you have your applications ready to send off (to the embassy in London?). My advice is do not do this, as that will add at least another 8 weeks of processing time, not to mention the fact that you will need Police Clearance Certificates which apparently you don't need if you apply at the border (compare document checklists for applying at the border vs applying via London).

So my advice would be that as you seem to be set up in Canada, to travel to Canada as planned on 07 November, but bear in mind that you won't be allowed to work (assuming you have no other valid work permit). Then when your LMO is approved, flag-pole the border and apply for your work permit on entry.

I'm sure that Seniors here can enlighten you further.

MAUGHAN

Oct 18, 2012
Hey

Thank you for the information, this will be very helpful on our way into Canada.

Thanks again
John

Rajaryan

Jul 6, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
10-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-06-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada on TFW
all the best guys.. you all should be lucky to only worry for the LMO. Unlike us where we have to qst worry about the LMO then again worry about the TWP :)

ismailhiggy

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Original PP submitted with the application
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
31-12-2012
Only LMO and you can process the WP at POE

Good luck

Michelle888

Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
24-08-2015 IP status on 26-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015 Medicals Received on 12-06-2015 RPRF paid on 22-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
MAUGHAN said:
Hey

My partner and I have both had our LMO applications sent off 7 weeks ago and we still haven't received any information.
We have both worked for the same employers for the last 6 months and had to return to England due to visa expiry, our work permits are ready to send but we have been told when we get the LMO number we can go to the border and get an instant work permit, is this true?

How long does an LMO take to be processed in British Columbia?

Major panic on as we fly back to Canada on the 7th of November with no work permit and no LMO (as of yet). Plus all our belongings are over there aswell.

Please could someone shed some light? :'( :mad: :'( :(

Thanks

Hi guys. Any news about ur LMO? Im waiting for mine nearly 9 weeks now... :(