+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO processing time in Ontario.?

k9643

Feb 2, 2009
Hi..~

My prospective employer in Windsor has already filed an LMO application for me last december 01.
Would anyone know how long the application process would take? My job is dental technician in korea.

Thanks.~

Dajuan

Jun 24, 2009
LMO processing time in Ontario.

Hello guys and gals I need help 911!, I've read the LMO takes four to six weeks if your applying in Toronto.If you didn't get a response within that time frame should I be worried?
I am from the US, I've been living here(Toronto) for 4 years under a work visa and I'm currently in the process of getting my PR(be sponsored by my fiancee' who is a citizen).I am currently a District manager for an American retail company,I was given an offer to do the same job for a Canadian company,which I accepted.Is there anyway to get an open work permit,or away i could speed this up?

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
There's nothing you can do to speed it up. I waited for almost 11 weeks for it. It got approved on the 11th of June and we applied on the 30th of March. This is in the Service Canada Toronto office.

Good luck!

Dajuan

Jun 24, 2009
To babycakes thanks for the response,that is so strange your screen name is "babycakes",thats my nickname ofr my fiancee',but anyway when you were going through the process was there much communication and were you being represented by a lawyer>

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
No... My employer was the one who applied for it. We did not get a lawyer coz you don't really have to.. You just have to provide all the documents they are asking for and you should be good.