+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO NEGATIVE, WORK PERMIT EXPIRED

iamvictorious

Sep 18, 2012
I applied for the renewal of my work permit with the same employer days before the expiration while waiting for my LMO giving me an implied status. The LMO was negative so now my work permit is expired. My employer is doing my LMO again but my work permit is expired. What should I do? Does that mean I need to apply for a work permit again and go to the border to get it? Please enlighten me. Thank you very much.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
iamvictorious said:
I applied for the renewal of my work permit with the same employer days before the expiration while waiting for my LMO giving me an implied status. The LMO was negative so now my work permit is expired. My employer is doing my LMO again but my work permit is expired. What should I do? Does that mean I need to apply for a work permit again and go to the border to get it? Please enlighten me. Thank you very much.
Since the LMO is negative, your WP will probably be refused, if that is the case, you have to leave the country immediately.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
you will get a refusal letter since your LMO came out negative unfortunately.but you dont have to leave cic will give you 90 days from rejection letter date to restore your status,so if you get a positive lmo this time you can restore status as worker.
note you will have to pay $200 restoration fees and $150 work permit fees,its one application with two services so you will have to tick both boxes restoration and work permit application.

good luck :)