+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO - need information and suggestion

ak.89

Sep 8, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am planning on opening a take out restaurant of Pakistani Food. In order to bring the authentic taste to my customer, I want to bring couple of chefs from Pakistan. Now I can hire a Pakistani chef here that is already living in Canada but problem is they are not as experience or don't know how to cook very good. So I did search several hours online and I found out that employer require LMO in order to bring Foreign Workers.

So I need suggestions here what should I do? how easy is this all process. Will I be able to achieve this process if I apply? How long this whole process can take?

I do know that once I get the LMO, the person I plan to hire, they need to apply themselves in Pakistan. So how long that could take? is there any other easier way I can do this to bring chefs from other process.

Any kind of information is very much appreciated and I am keenly waiting for your response.

Thanks & Regards,
AK.89

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
Most of your questions are answered in other threads (look at any thread with "LMO" in the title), or on the CIC / HRSDC websites.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/home.shtml

In short, there is no "easier way".
The LMO process currently takes 8-10 weeks in Ontario.
You have to first advertise the position in particular places for a set period of time (all of that info is online).
You have to justify why anybody who applied for the position locally was not suitable.
Once the LMO is approved the applicant can apply for a Work Permit. The processing time for that varies depending on where you apply from. Again, the info is online.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you seen this page? It provides a detailed description of how to apply for an LMO.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/tfw-guide.asp

However I don't believe your business will qualify to apply for an LMO since it's a brand new business.

ak.89

Sep 8, 2011
ok i read the page so can u tell me like what can i do? if its brand new business then employers cannot hire foreign workers. i do have current business which is retail outlet in a mall. so could that help? but i do need the foreign workers for my restaurant concept. please help. thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry - I don't know enough about LMOs to answer your additional questions. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
ak.89 said:
ok i read the page so can u tell me like what can i do? if its brand new business then employers cannot hire foreign workers. i do have current business which is retail outlet in a mall. so could that help? but i do need the foreign workers for my restaurant concept. please help. thanks
The LMO will be for a specific position, so your retail outlet will be of no help.
You can't get someone over with an LMO for one position then give them a different position, even if it's in the same company. That defeats the purpose of an LMO.

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
We've told you where to look for information, and told you the normal process.
If you want to do something different, you are better off consulting an Immigration Lawyer than asking someone on an internet forum.

Just a suggestion. ;)

Sanju1986

Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March 2013
AOR Received.
17th April 2013
File Transfer...
17th April 2013
Med's Done....
17th Feb 2013
Interview........
Waived (As per GCMS Notes)
Passport Req..
28th May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP Since 8th Nov / DM 18th nov/ PP back - 22nd Nov !!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!!
LANDED..........
hopefully soon !!!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!
Hi ..
You Can Apply for LMO.. even if its a new busiess.. You will just hav to send the additional documents like..Business Plan, Layout , Nd Menu .. and etc .. You can always call dem at 1866 556 5518 If you hav any further queries... they will help you ..