Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Hello everyone,

I'm kindly requesting your assistance one more time... few questions:
If my employer agrees to apply with Service Canada for my LMO, and in the meantime I apply to renew my work permit and I'll make an annotation that LMO is pending, 1-what do I show to prove that LMO is actually in process and pending??? Does the company receive some sort of receipt or acknowledgment that is been applied?

Also, while I wait for the final response while LMO is pending and my PGWPP is expired, 2-can I continue working for my employer? 3-is that the occasion that I'm given an "implied status? 4-does Immigration send me something in regards to the implied status? And because I already applied for renewal of my work permit (and they rejected it because I have to provide a LMO ) 5-do I pay a new fee and tell them LMO is pending?

If you guys have the links in regards to any of the above it will be much appreciated.
Please reply!
Thank-you very very much.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC no longer allows concurrent processing of the LMO and work permit. This means that you need an approved LMO before you can apply for the work permit or the work permit will be refused. See the following note on the CIC site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/processing.asp

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
scylla said:
CIC no longer allows concurrent processing of the LMO and work permit. This means that you need an approved LMO before you can apply for the work permit or the work permit will be refused. See the following note on the CIC site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/processing.asp
Thank you for replying. Wouldn't that contradict the link below?:
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/index.shtml

Date modified was April 26, 2012 for that link.
"NOTE:

Due to the increased number of labour market opinion (LMO) applications and the extended processing times, employers who wish to participate in the Temporary Foreign Worker Program are encouraged to:

Submit their LMO applications, as early as possible, to ensure that Service Canada is able to complete the assessment, and issue the LMO to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) before the foreign national applies for a work permit.
Recommend to foreign nationals to submit their work permit applications (both new and renewals) only when the employer has confirmation from Service Canada that a positive LMO has been issued. However, renewal applications must be submitted to
CIC prior to the work permit expiry date."

Thank you and pls share your thoughts.

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
immicec said:
Thank you for replying. Wouldn't that contradict the link below?:
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/index.shtml
However, renewal applications must be submitted to
CIC prior to the work permit expiry date."
Unless they are referring to LMO extensions??

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Concurrent processing is allowed only within Canada, and within the 2 weeks prior to the expiration of the current work permit - see
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob152A.asp

Additional details regarding concurrent processing

For inland processing, the concurrent processing option will only be allowed for foreign nationals whose work permits will be expiring within two weeks at the time of application. They must provide proof of a valid job offer, as well as proof that the employer has submitted a request to Service Canada for a new LMO. Applications will be initialized and the processing fee will be processed. Applications will be held for two months from the date of receipt, after which a determination to either refuse or approve the work permit will be made.

A copy of the application, receipt for courier service, etc would be proof. The employer could also call Service Canada and see if they will issue an acknowledgement of receipt.

wlee62

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2011
AOR Received.
17-09-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
19-01-2012
Med's Request
17-09-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2012
LANDED..........
09-04-2012
The processing time for a LMO shouldn't be too long. I was waiting for the status of my PR CEC application and had my employer submit a LMO.. it came back within 1 month of applying.

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
wlee62 said:
The processing time for a LMO shouldn't be too long. I was waiting for the status of my PR CEC application and had my employer submit a LMO.. it came back within 1 month of applying.
Hi, when did you submit your LMO? last year or this yr? I heard LMO are more difficult now and taking longer processing times...

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
jes_ON said:
Concurrent processing is allowed only within Canada, and within the 2 weeks prior to the expiration of the current work permit - see
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob152A.asp

Additional details regarding concurrent processing

For inland processing, the concurrent processing option will only be allowed for foreign nationals whose work permits will be expiring within two weeks at the time of application. They must provide proof of a valid job offer, as well as proof that the employer has submitted a request to Service Canada for a new LMO. Applications will be initialized and the processing fee will be processed. Applications will be held for two months from the date of receipt, after which a determination to either refuse or approve the work permit will be made.

A copy of the application, receipt for courier service, etc would be proof. The employer could also call Service Canada and see if they will issue an acknowledgement of receipt.
I called CIC this morning and also in the evening to ensure I get the same response from the agents. The 1st one told me I have to send my work permit app 2 weeks prior my work permit expires. Once they received it, they will hold my app for 2 months while awaiting for LMO. The 2nd agent told me abt the 2 weeks prior as well but she also told me I can even send my work permit app 1 day before my current PGWPP expires and once they receive it will hold the application for 2 months. Don't know which agent was right...

My PGWPP expires in June 16, let's say I send my app 2 weeks prior. If immigration receives my application on June 2, do they count the 2 months withholding period from June 2 or from June 17?

sibran

Feb 14, 2012
I think what they both mean is that you can apply within the last two weeks beforte expiry of your PGWP not before. Also not after it expires. Basically within the last two weeks. Am I correct? Please let us know as it is important to be sure.

wlee62

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2011
AOR Received.
17-09-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
19-01-2012
Med's Request
17-09-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2012
LANDED..........
09-04-2012
Sibran, as long as you apply within the last two weeks of your PGWP expiring, you will be okay. Just make sure you remember to contact to let them know your LMO is already in process.
That being said, the LMO shouldn't take longer than a month (mine came in exactly a month after applying).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
immicec said:
I called CIC this morning and also in the evening to ensure I get the same response from the agents. The 1st one told me I have to send my work permit app 2 weeks prior my work permit expires. Once they received it, they will hold my app for 2 months while awaiting for LMO. The 2nd agent told me abt the 2 weeks prior as well but she also told me I can even send my work permit app 1 day before my current PGWPP expires and once they receive it will hold the application for 2 months. Don't know which agent was right...

They are both right, they are telling you the same thing. If you have applied for an LMO but not received a response yet, you can apply for a new work permit within 2 weeks of the expiration of the current one. It cannot be 3 weeks before. It cannot be one day after. You have a 2-week window.

My PGWPP expires in June 16, let's say I send my app 2 weeks prior. If immigration receives my application on June 2, do they count the 2 months withholding period from June 2 or from June 17?

June 2, I would expect.

RE LMO processing time, it varies tremendously by province, and even region within the province. Without knowing where you are, there's no way anyone can give you useful information on that.

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
I'm in Toronto.

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
jes_ON said:
RE LMO processing time, it varies tremendously by province, and even region within the province. Without knowing where you are, there's no way anyone can give you useful information on that.
I'm in Toronto.

egedenizi

Oct 18, 2012
Hi everyone
I have one question. Hope you can help me. ::)
My work permit expires in 3 weeks and My lmo application is still pending.
I will apply for a work permit without LMO.
My question is Which document should I attach to my work permit application to prove them that I have a pending lmo application ?

Regards,

ege

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
egedenizi said:
Hi everyone
I have one question. Hope you can help me. ::)
My work permit expires in 3 weeks and My lmo application is still pending.
I will apply for a work permit without LMO.
My question is Which document should I attach to my work permit application to prove them that I have a pending lmo application ?
Photocopy of the LMO application, copy of date-stamped Canada Post/courier receipt, any related correspondence between your employer and HRSDC/Service Canada ... Lacking that, a letter from your supervisor indicating when s/he applied for the LMO... Your boss could request a status update (in writing) the office processing the application... (not sure if they will provide it though).