+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO in Quebec

ERPL

Mar 30, 2014
Hi everyone!

I have 4 questions regarding the Work permit application:

1. My WHV expires in June and I want to apply for a visitors visa to stay legal in Canada while I receive an answer from the LMO. And at the same time I want to apply for the PR via sponsorship. Can I apply for all those visas (Work permit+visitors visa+permanent residence) at the same time?

2. If I want to apply to the work permit in Quebec, what forms do i need to fill in? Do I need the Certificate du selection de Quebec? I am reading the website but I am very confused with that.

3. The Human resources manager of my company doesn't want to mention the salary in the job offer that she is going to post in the job bank. She says that is a private company and she will just write "salary will be discussed over the phone". On the CIC website it says that the salary must be mention in the job offer. I tried to explain to her but she refused. Is this going to be a problem to get an approved LMO u think?

4. If I get the LMO refused do I get the fees money back?

Thanks so much!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Yes - that's fine.
2. I don't know. I'm sure others will comment.
3. Are you asking about the job offer or job posting? The job offer is what is provided to an individual once they have been selected for the role and always includes a salary / rate per hour.
4. No - no refund with refusals. FYI - your company should be paying the LMO fee - not you.

ERPL

Mar 30, 2014
scylla said:
1. Yes - that's fine.
2. I don't know. I'm sure others will comment.
3. Are you asking about the job offer or job posting? The job offer is what is provided to an individual once they have been selected for the role and always includes a salary / rate per hour.
4. No - no refund with refusals. FYI - your company should be paying the LMO fee - not you.
Thanks scylla!,

3. I am asking about the job posting that has to be posted in the Quebec Job Bank. Does that job posting have to mention the salary? Also, my salary per hour is less than the average. For my position, the average is 20$. The minimum wage is 15$ and my actual salary is 17.5$/hour. Would this fact affect the LMO application? I have heard that a lot of them get refused if the salary is not above the average.
4. Ok I will try to explain to them.

Thanks a lot.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
the salary should be around the average - I don't think you'll get any issues with that as it's above the minimum.

with regards to the posting - this may cause an issue as if i remember correctly, Job Bank doesn't let you post without listing a numeric value. You can suggest that she just post the lower and upper bandings. Usually companies don't want to post salaries due to employees seeing but unless she can make a really good case in the LMO application as to why the job bank posting doesn't show salaries, she may well get push back

ERPL

Mar 30, 2014
lpc19800 said:
the salary should be around the average - I don't think you'll get any issues with that as it's above the minimum.

with regards to the posting - this may cause an issue as if i remember correctly, Job Bank doesn't let you post without listing a numeric value. You can suggest that she just post the lower and upper bandings. Usually companies don't want to post salaries due to employees seeing but unless she can make a really good case in the LMO application as to why the job bank posting doesn't show salaries, she may well get push back
Ok perfect I will tell her. Thanks!