+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO in Alberta

NDW

Dec 1, 2008
Does anyone have any idea how long is takes to get the LMO in Alberta?

Regards,
Norman

subsub

Mar 18, 2009
It only took my employer about a week or two to come through. It depends on how busy that department is.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's supposed to take 6-7 weeks but can be faster or slower depending. I've heard that AB really cracked down on LMO's though, they are not issuing too many anymore and even asking companies with open LMO's to give them back.

rick1108

Apr 20, 2009
I am also waiting for more than 3 months. Does anyone knows how long would it take to process an LMO for class c & d of a Temporary Foreign Worker?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Alberta has nothing to do with LMO s,It is issued by the federal goverment which is slowing down LMO s as per Ministerial Instructions of Minister Diane Finley

hoping_2_AB

Mar 28, 2009
I'm waiting for 6 months now. Hopefully it will release soon asap because my current contract here in Taiwan will be end, in that case
my employer will going to re-apply again if i'm in my homeland (Phils).

BCGuy,

LMO application stated on my residence is here in Taiwan, can I use it to apply my visa to Philippines?
Because my employer inform me another application again.

Thank you!

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMO in Alberta (BCguy & Leon)

Dear BCguy & Leon,

Will things ease out for Foreign Temporary Workers in the coming months due to the Olympics???

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the hosts of the Olympics are having a hard time manning all positions in spite of advertising the jobs and offering market wage, it may ease things in order to get a work permit. However, if they believe that most of those extra people will not be needed anymore after the Olympics, they can made the work permits seasonal or another possibility, after the Olympics they may lay most of the people off and they will have to find new jobs or go home.