+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO I think my employer is underpaying me

Charliehorse

Apr 4, 2012
Hey glad I found this. Think I'm being exploited for an idiot.
Worked for employer 6 months. He has not adhered to my contract stating I'd get a raise after 3 and 6 months. I'm struggling to survive and Ive asked this week to please honor my contract to which he refuses. We have advertised for lmo. Job bank etc. the wage advertised for the job is $2.50 more an hour. I don't want lots but enough to pay for medical as he dosnt give us benefits.

If lmo is accepted with higher wage does he have to increase my salary? How do I find more info? How can I protect myself? Can he keep paying me minimum but make out to service Canada I'm earning more?

Any in expensive emp law offices in Calgary?

Please and thank you

JGK

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Vegreville, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (File Moved to Detroit July 2011)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
31-05-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
The aim of an LMO is partly to ensure employers are not hiring cheap foreign labour. Your employer is cheating you by not adhering to your work contract. He is fraudulently applying for a new LMO.

If he is not paying you or sticking to an existing contract it is unlikely anything is going to change if he gets another LMO. Also if he is caught out and you are seen to have "gone along" with the arrangement it may jeopardize your ability to remain in Canada.

I would be tempted to talk to someone on a confidential employment advice line regarding your situation and possible options. Things are unlikely to change for you unless you force the issue.