+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO CONTRACT BROKEN!' Please help

englishinsask

Sep 19, 2013
So I got my Lmo approved last september 2012 And moved to canada (sask) my LMO and job offer stated I would be paid $15 an hour but I'm only receiving $12 and have done ever since I started working for this company, it also states on my lmo/job offer also states the company should have paid for my flights to canada from England but they told me I had to pay myself. It also says they have to provide me with health insurance.. Which I did get after a year but I pay for it out of my pay check.. I was also promised 40hr per week but they send me home early every day. I'm planning on returning back to the uk once my work permit is up! Theyve told me the customers love me and I do an awesome job but they treat me so unfairly and harassed me all the time. I've also been told that If I make any complains regarding my 'broken' contract they would fire me and get me deported.. And that I should just suck it up! Do I call the labour board and tell them what's going on? Or do I just 'suck it up'?? I'm not ready to leave yet as I love life here in Canada apart from my job that is! Where do I stand? Has anyone else been in this position? Would talking to the labour board get me anywhere?? Would I get back all the money I've lost out on?? Please help :(

Gogia

Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
U should contact the labour ministry and explain them every thing..what u wrote here..so they will nail down this rip off company will get u what u deserve...there is lots of other companies out there..u have to search and try with them...fight for ur rights...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
englishinsask said:
So I got my Lmo approved last september 2012 And moved to canada (sask) my LMO and job offer stated I would be paid $15 an hour but I'm only receiving $12 and have done ever since I started working for this company, it also states on my lmo/job offer also states the company should have paid for my flights to canada from England but they told me I had to pay myself. It also says they have to provide me with health insurance.. Which I did get after a year but I pay for it out of my pay check.. I was also promised 40hr per week but they send me home early every day. I'm planning on returning back to the uk once my work permit is up! Theyve told me the customers love me and I do an awesome job but they treat me so unfairly and harassed me all the time. I've also been told that If I make any complains regarding my 'broken' contract they would fire me and get me deported.. And that I should just suck it up! Do I call the labour board and tell them what's going on? Or do I just 'suck it up'?? I'm not ready to leave yet as I love life here in Canada apart from my job that is! Where do I stand? Has anyone else been in this position? Would talking to the labour board get me anywhere?? Would I get back all the money I've lost out on?? Please help :(
First, they can't get you deported. They can pressure you to return home but they can't make you. If you talk to the labour board, they will help you get your money back, the employer will be investigated and they may be barred from hiring foreign workers in the future.

They should be paying you $15 an hour if that is what it says in the contract. When an employer provides supplementary health insurance, it is common that you pay for it yourself but because it is a group insurance, you get it cheaper than if you would buy it yourself privately. However, if it says in your contract that they provide it for free, then they should.

You can find a summary of SK labour standards here: http://www.lrws.gov.sk.ca/retailers-guide-labour-standards-work-schedules-time-away-from-work where it says that if they want to send you home early, they should give you a weeks notice of a changed schedule. There is a phone number at the bottom, you can call: 1-800-667-1783 You can also talk to Service Canada about the conditions of your LMO.