+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Approval

Remo

Sep 30, 2007
Hi All

Am I right in assuming that once the LMO has been granted we can submit this to port of entry to obtain work permit?

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Before coming to the Port of Entry, you must also have a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in your passport UNLESS you are a native of a visa exempt country.

So, you can show up at a Canadian Port of Entry with (1) the TRV in your passport; (2) plus the LMO approval or Letter of Authorization in your hand; and (3) your open /return airline tickets - and show them to the immigration officer who has the discretion to grant you the work permit with any entailed conditions.

Remo said:
Hi All

Am I right in assuming that once the LMO has been granted we can submit this to port of entry to obtain work permit?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Libra said:
Before coming to the Port of Entry, you must also have a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in your passport UNLESS you are a native of a visa exempt country.

So, you can show up at a Canadian Port of Entry with (1) the TRV in your passport; (2) plus the LMO approval or Letter of Authorization in your hand; and (3) your open /return airline tickets - and show them to the immigration officer who has the discretion to grant you the work permit with any entailed conditions.

Remo said:
Hi All

Also, if the position requires an Immigration medical you cannot obtain your WP at the POE.

PMM

mingxia9

Feb 24, 2011
HI,
i m apply in montreal, my employee send me a letter from rhrdc for offre d'emploi temporare-confirmation,is this file LMO?thanks

mingxia9

Feb 24, 2011
what is offre d`emplolol temporaire-comfirmation

hi :
i apply in laval quebec, is this lmo?(offre d`emplolol temporaire-comfirmation).thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mingxia9 said:
HI,
i m apply in montreal, my employee send me a letter from rhrdc for offre d'emploi temporare-confirmation,is this file LMO?thanks
If the job is in Quebec, then the employer doesn't require an LMO s/he requires a CAQ

If your employment offer is accepted, the employer will send you a copy of the letter confirming the offer of employment as well as two copies of your CAQ issued by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (one for you and one for Citizenship and Immigration Canada – CIC).

dandy

May 17, 2011
hi,

i was offered a housekeeping job in Canada. do i require an LMO?? Im from the Philippines.

ALA

Jun 14, 2011
Hi All
my lmo application has been mail to hrdc on first week of May 2011. but still i have not receive Lmo yet. coul you please tell what is the current LMO processing time in Ontario.
thaks

dynamike

Jul 16, 2011
HI all :) my employer sent my LMO already last April 2011, their in Alberta and I'm here in Philippines. Still I didnt get any results from my LMO. Could any body please help me know how long does it take to wait? Thank you so much I hope someone knows it...

clance gaye

Mar 30, 2012
Hi only new to this so not sure how to do my own post but anyways im planning on.going to canada this year but wen looking at the application i noticed the lmo no om not qualified at anything and was just planning on workn in a pub resturant do i still need a lmo no if someone can let me no asao i wud gratefully appreciate it cheers

carivel

Nov 27, 2012
need clarifications...I come from a visa exempt country , just waiting for my LMO, as a caregiver, do I need to go to the Canadian embassy and submit the documents? thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

carivel said:
need clarifications...I come from a visa exempt country , just waiting for my LMO, as a caregiver, do I need to go to the Canadian embassy and submit the documents? thanks
LCP applicants can't go to a POE with their LMO to get the work permit, they must apply to an overseas office.