+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO AND WORK PERMIT

vikasbh23

Mar 20, 2011
Recently i have been selected by an consultancy from canada in delhi.they are offering me a job and a work permit.i wanted to know if come in by work permit.will I be able to apply for PR after some time.should i come or not .and how much time it takes to get the PR for temperory worker.

Regards
Vikas

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have been selected? Did they send you an email without you ever having applied there? Are you sure it isn't a scam?

If you do come to Canada by work permit, if you are working a skilled job, you have some options to apply for permanent residency. If it is a low-skilled job, it would be very hard.

vikasbh23

Mar 20, 2011
Leon said:
You have been selected? Did they send you an email without you ever having applied there? Are you sure it isn't a scam?

If you do come to Canada by work permit, if you are working a skilled job, you have some options to apply for permanent residency. If it is a low-skilled job, it would be very hard.
I will be coming to BC as assistant restaurant manager and it comes under skilled job.how much time it takes to get PR while have temperory work permit of one year

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With a work permit of only one year, it is also a bit hard. You have the option of asking the employer to give you a letter of job offer if you get your permanent residency and if you have 67 points or more on the skilled worker assessment, you can apply under that category. The catch is that your work permit has to remain valid until you get your PR and it is unlikely that you will manage to get your application together and get your processing completed in one year so it hangs on your ability to get your work permit extended.

A better idea is if your employer is willing to sponsor you under BC PNP. Getting nominated can take a few months but once you are nominated, you will not need another LMO to extend your work permit and you do have to stay with that employer on a work permit until you get your PR. See BC PNP here: http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/skilled/who.page?

pop_princess

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila-Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 23, 2011
AOR Received.
April 27, 2011
File Transfer...
March 22, 2011
Med's Done....
February 07, 2011
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
July 27, 2011
LANDED..........
August 03, 2011
vikasbh23 said:
Recently i have been selected by an consultancy from canada in delhi.they are offering me a job and a work permit.i wanted to know if come in by work permit.will I be able to apply for PR after some time.should i come or not .and how much time it takes to get the PR for temperory worker.

Regards
Vikas
You better do your homework first before applying for this job. See if it is genuine. And as for application for PR Leon is right its not easy if it is a low skilled job. Not unless your employer will sponsor your under provincial nominee program. If it is a skilled job, you have to wait for a couple of years and pass the language test before applying.

Good Luck! :)

vikasbh23

Mar 20, 2011
Thanks a lot for ur opinion.appreciated.

With a work permit of only one year, it is also a bit hard. You have the option of asking the employer to give you a letter of job offer if you get your permanent residency and if you have 67 points or more on the skilled worker assessment, you can apply under that category. The catch is that your work permit has to remain valid until you get your PR and it is unlikely that you will manage to get your application together and get your processing completed in one year so it hangs on your ability to get your work permit extended.

A better idea is if your employer is willing to sponsor you under BC PNP. Getting nominated can take a few months but once you are nominated, you will not need another LMO to extend your work permit and you do have to stay with that employer on a work permit until you get your PR. See BC PNP here:

vikasbh23

Mar 20, 2011
Thanks a lot.if I accept this offer and come as temperory worker.it will be possible to get pr in 2 years or three.I mean to say if i have some hope to get Pr.i can decide positively.Currently working with Pizza hut as Restaurant Manager.

You better do your homework first before applying for this job. See if it is genuine. And as for application for PR Leon is right its not easy if it is a low skilled job. Not unless your employer will sponsor your under provincial nominee program. If it is a skilled job, you have to wait for a couple of years and pass the language test before applying.

Good Luck! :)
[/quote]

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikasbh23 said:
Thanks a lot.if I accept this offer and come as temperory worker.it will be possible to get pr in 2 years or three.I mean to say if i have some hope to get Pr.i can decide positively.Currently working with Pizza hut as Restaurant Manager.
You have a chance to get PR but it is not guaranteed. It depends on if the employer is willing to sponsor you under the PNP or apply for a new labour market opinion after one year so you can stay longer and get the right to apply under CEC.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Semi skilled PNP applications in BC are closing June 1st 2011. After this date, only employers sponsoring skilled employees, will be eligible to apply for the BCPNP.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
Semi skilled PNP applications in BC are closing June 1st 2011. After this date, only employers sponsoring skilled employees, will be eligible to apply for the BCPNP.
He is not semi-skilled. He is skilled. As from what he says, he is an assistant restaurant manager, see http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=0631 which is a management position, skill type 0.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
It closes August 31st, 2011. http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/entry_level/who.page?WT.svl=LeftNav

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
rjessome said:
It closes August 31st, 2011. http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/entry_level/who.page?WT.svl=LeftNav

oppps thanks.......will the new PNP still include such trades as restaurant mangers etc?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
oppps thanks.......will the new PNP still include such trades as restaurant mangers etc?
They are only cutting their semi-skilled program but as I said before, a restaurant manager is a skilled occupation, see http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=0631

Having a 0 as the first digit indicates a management position, skill type 0.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
Leon's right. The Entry level and Semi-skilled program is for C & D level occupations. Any 0, A or B occupation is considered under the Strategic Occupations, including restaurant managers, assistant managers and supervisors.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
rjessome said:
Leon's right. The Entry level and Semi-skilled program is for C & D level occupations. Any 0, A or B occupation is considered under the Strategic Occupations, including restaurant managers, assistant managers and supervisors.

OOOOO goody.....I assumed that semi skilled meant anyone in a supervisor position, so this makes me very happy.

Sometimes I really should read all the dry stuff on the CIC website. Thanks for the heads up ;D