+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia.

Sharanitaly18

Oct 27, 2019
I would like to ask you guys if i will need new Lmia. I'm in canada with close wp and i'm working in the retail store with lmia ect, i heard soon my employer will change the location of the store so it will be same employer (company) but in different adress in the same city it will be change only the street, in that way i have to change my work permit or need new Lmia??

Sharanitaly18

Oct 27, 2019
What conditions were imposed on your LMIA? That document should have the answer to your question.
Well i was hired by the company who running this retail stores, so my employer will be same but it will be change only the store location, this branch not pay me nothing on my payroll i find my boss company name ect

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well i was hired by the company who running this retail stores, so my employer will be same but it will be change only the store location, this branch not pay me nothing on my payroll i find my boss company name ect
You need to look at both the LMIA and your WP and whether it was specifically for one store.

Sharanitaly18

Oct 27, 2019
You need to look at both the LMIA and your WP and whether it was specifically for one store.
On my lmia is located store with the employment adress....I called my consulate she said me we can chage the address and my employer said to me it will no problem because it's a company who running it will same, on my work permit as employment location i have only the city no adress or anything else i don't even have name of employer.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
On my lmia is located store with the employment adress....I called my consulate she said me we can chage the address and my employer said to me it will no problem because it's a company who running it will same, on my work permit as employment location i have only the city no adress or anything else i don't even have name of employer.
Would email and get in writing that you can change stores to protect yourself.

Sharanitaly18

Oct 27, 2019
No You should send in a webform to CIC asking your exact question and whether you can change locations.
Well i called CIC help line and tried to explained the situation the guy asked me if on my WP is printed any adress (i have only the city) and he said me there will be no problem to change the location because my work permit doesn't have any specific adress but only the city name and also my employer company will be same ect

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well i called CIC help line and tried to explained the situation the guy asked me if on my WP is printed any adress (i have only the city) and he said me there will be no problem to change the location because my work permit doesn't have any specific adress but only the city name and also my employer company will be same ect
Unfortunately you can’t trust the answers on the CIC customer service line. They give out wrong answers quite a lot. Having proof in writing that you can keep in your files is what is important.

souljk

Nov 25, 2013
In my opinion, It should not be a matter since you are working for same company. It's the company you work for not that specific location.

Reactions: Sharanitaly18

Naveen02

Aug 22, 2019
Hey

I am in same situation. I got lmia approved and got the invitation. I am on open work permit though.

I am working for the same company but different location.
Any suggestions please?

Aticus

Jul 22, 2023
Hey

I am in same situation. I got lmia approved and got the invitation. I am on open work permit though.

I am working for the same company but different location.
Any suggestions please?
Hey Naveen,
How did your application go? Also were you in a different city or same city just different work place! Please let me know. I am in the same boat as you.